One of my favorite health tips drives my friends nuts when I start preaching about juicing!
Do you have enough time in your day to eat all the recommended fruits and vegetables that will keep you healthy and happy???
It's not easy! But my personal solution is MY JUICE MACHINE!
Look into getting a juicer for your own health boost! A juice machine is the best investment you can make for your health and happiness!
Cure Help has articles to help you discover information and tips about
Cure Help Health Articles 376&start=5&results=2"); ?>
While much of the information at Cure Help Health Tips can be beneficial and empowering, we'd just like to remind you that the suggestions found on this web site are intended for informational purposes only and are not medical advice.
1. Dandelion: (Taraxacum officiale) Identity: Roots, Leaves - Can commonly be viewed as a weed in the yard that needs to be eliminated. However, it has been used over the centuries in salads and in Herbal Remedies for its help-healing properties. It is rich in Potassium which works with Sodium to help reduce high blood pressure; and Lecithin for the function of the liver and gallbladder. Folklore says that by placing the head of the flower under your chin that if your chin turns yellow you are being thought of fondly by your loved one.
Dandelion is a diuretic; it will help the kidneys
eliminate waste and toxins: its soothing on the intestines in passage.
Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Vitamin
E, Vitamin G, Vitamin P, Calcium, Chlorine, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus,
Potassium; Lecithin, Sodium, . Uses - Fresh in salads; Dehydrated and powdered
or ground. Bagged for tea it will help soothe a stomachache when taken
with Chamomile and/or Peppermint. Aides digestion and circulation of the
2. Kelp: (Macrosytic pyrifere) Identity: Plant - Has a high content of Iodine. Iodine assists the thyroid to help them do their job more efficiently. Will cause Weight Loss distribution. Because of its high content of Selenium, will help reduce the effects of depression due to common Weight Loss blues. Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin G, Calcium, Chlorine, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium; Selenium, Silicon, Sodium, Sulfur, Zinc, Trace Minerals. Uses - Dehydrated ground or powdered; compressed pill form. Will aide in digestion. Do not over use alone. Powered can be used in place of salt.
3. Mandrake: (Podophyllum peltatum) Identity: Root - Root word (no pun intended) is derived from the idea that it has the appearance of the form of a human. Mandrake is commonly a dark root red in tint and tastes very bitter. Used as a mild laxative for constipation. Aides the liver. Use Fresh crushed for rituals and/or incantations. Dehydrated and powdered or ground used with other Herbs will help purify the blood from toxins. Uses - Fresh crushed or Dehydrated, best used with other Herbs. Used on fresh wounds will help eliminate toxins and help prevent infection. It's considered as a Witches' hexing Herb due to its poisonous content; causes a hallucinatory effect. An ancient narcotic evolved from 3,000 BC in Sumer, Crete, Egypt and Greece. Use in small amounts.
4. Black Walnut: (Julgans nigra) Identity: Hulls - Good for different types of skin problems. Contains: Iodine - Uses - Fresh crushed or Dehydrated powdered or ground will draw out infections especially when used with Echinacea and Goldenseal. Good for parasite elimination. If you can get past the taste, brushing your teeth with Black Walnut will help restore the enamel. Just don't eat a lemon afterward.
5. Parsley: (Petroselinum sativum) Identity: Leaves - Parsley is one of the best diuretics. Healing and soothing to the kidneys and bladder as it relieves water retention. Will strengthen the kidneys and bladder. Regulates the flow of urine. Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Calcium, Chlorine, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Sulfur. Uses - Fresh in salads, as a side garnish, and an after meal bad breath eliminator; Dehydrated powdered or ground. Bagged for tea, drink alone in copious quantities for bladder and/or kidney problems. Helps soothe a stomachache and will help release built-up gas. Aides digestion. Used with Chickweed in copious quantities will cause the elimination of water however, for such, drink more water. Excess subcutaneous tissue is released through the urine tract. The more you drink the more you'll wink.
6. Echinacea: (Brauneria angustifolia) Identity: Is well known as an overall healer. Echinacea allows for easy flow and assimilation of the process of other Herbs. Aides the Lymph Glands and is one of the best Lymphatic System cleansers. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Used with Goldenseal will treat infection, boils and other festers. Internally, steep equal parts 20 minutes, decant off and drink very warm in intervals -1 cup every 2 hours. Externally, mix equal parts with very warm distilled water until thick and pasty, very moist but not drippy, put in tightly woven 1 ply clean cheesecloth and apply to affected area. May remoisten when dry. Refresh every 4 hours. Treats: eye infection, sty, strep throat, ear infection, bladder and kidney infection, just about any kind of infection. Treatment type will vary.
7. Chickweed: (Stellaria media) Identity: Herb - Ahhh, the value of Chickweed. Though under rated, it is limited in its uses. As a diuretic its medicinal properties aide the assimilation of other Herbs and help them process and dissolve of fat. Very high in Vitamin C. May be used as an external scrub for acne. Contains: Vitamin C, Phosphorus. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Sprinkle in salads. It has a mild taste but use too much and it will make a yummy salad or dressing taste blah.
8. Fennel: (Foeniculum vulgare) Identity: Seeds - Fennel is a fiber. It binds the necessary elements to officiate elimination. It is high in Omega 3 Fatty Acid. It will provide the oils needed to make elimination effective and easy. As it works its way through the system it will scrape the colon walls of old build up waste and take it with it on its way out. Fennel normalizes appetite, decreases or increases as needed. Contains: Potassium, Sodium, Sulfur. Uses - Whole; Split; Dehydrated powdered or ground. Bagged for tea; drink warm small sips 1 cup every 4 hrs will release gas and help relieve heartburn. Good for digestive disorders and obesity.
9. Saffron: (Crocus sativus) Identity: Seeds - They call me mellow yellow. Well, yes it is. It IS soothing to the system, the whole system. Elimination is harsh on the system. Saffron will ease the shock as it is a mild laxative. It increases the amount of oxygen to the blood. Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin B2. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Bagged for tea; drink warm small sips 1 cup every 4 hrs will check the build up of gas and help soothe stomach cramps and aide in constipation. Will relieve a headache and calm the nerves.
10. Hawthorn Berries: (Crataegus oxyacanthus) Identity: Berries - Blue Berries make yummy pies, why not Hawthorn Berries? They're ugly and hard and not tasty at all. If you look at them when they are still green on the bush, they look just like a human heart. Funny, that is one of the main uses of the Hawthorn Berry; to strengthen the heart. Why use them in this recipe? They're relaxing to the system and easy on the heart. Have you noticed when eliminating, your heart palpitates faster and/or harder? Do you feel exhausted? That's because the heart has to work harder. Hawthorn Berries enhance endurance, energy and vitality. Contains: Vitamin C, - Uses: Whole; Split; Dehydrated powdered or ground. Use in other Herbal Remedies as recommended.
11. Burdock: (Arctium lappa). Identity: Root, Burrs - As a Diuretic increases the flow of urine and promotes sweating. It is one of the best blood purifiers. The burrs are good for the release of water retention. Contains: Vitamins Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Iron, Silicon, Sulfur. Uses - Dehydrated powdered or ground. Use in other Herbal Remedies as recommended. A fomentation applied on skin irritations will soothe and treat. Mix with very warm distilled water until thick and pasty, very moist but not drippy, put in tightly woven 1 ply clean cheesecloth and apply to affected area. May remoisten when dry. Refresh every 4 hours. Excellent to use for reducing flesh.
12. Licorice: (Glycyrrhiza globra) Identity: Root - No don't go to the candy store, duh. Licorice has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antiallergenic properties. Acts as a mild laxative, will not cause dependency. Will reduce colic and help relieve constipation. Contains: Phosphorus. Uses - Whole, Dehydrated powdered or ground. Enhances the ability to inhibit high blood pressure, cancerous cells and prevent tooth decay. Good for urinary tract and helps break up congestion due to colds.
This Combination is an Elimination and Blood Purifier Recipe. We eat, we poop. Elimination is a main factor in Weight Loss. The purpose of this recipe is to eliminate. Fecal matter can weigh anywhere of 1 to 5 pounds in the body. Without proper elimination, build up of toxins stay in the system and can cause all kinds of health problems including weight gain.
All 12 Herbs for this recipe are used in equal parts in powdered form. Mix together in a bowl. Put in "00" veggie or gel capsules. Take three capsules after every meal with a full glass of water along with 2-3 enzyme pills (Papaya is best). Do not exceed more than 9 capsules a day. Drink 1 cup of very warm Chickweed tea afterward, or at least three times a day. This is a great Herb for Weight Loss as it helps dissolve fat in the body. Using this recipe may cause you to lose weight at about 5-15 ponds a month depending on the person. It is recommended that in starting this regimen, you take 1 pill after every meal with 2 Papaya pills for at least 2 days to get your system used to the new introduction of nutrition.
You may experience stomach cramping and release of gas. After your system gets used to the formula you will notice that you are more regular without being dependent and have lost weight. Not only will you lose weight, but your body will be supplied with nutrients that you may not be getting and need.
I grew up learning about the benefits of Herbs and applying them in everyday use. I've trained in Master Herbalist Classes by reputable Professors. There is much that Herbs can provide for a Healthy and Happy Life.
More On Weight Loss:
Healthy Diet Weight - Spelt is one of the oldest grains known to mankind. Grown as far back as 5000 BC, the spelt grain has hardly changed from that time until today. In fact, spelt was even referred to in the Bible, mentioned in both Exodus 9:32 and Ezekiel 4:9.
As always, before you attempt to self medicate or try a new health regimen or program we suggest you retain the services of a qualified health care professional.
Weight Loss- A Proven Strategy
There are two important steps to losing weight and being able to keep the weight from returning later. Here they are:
Step 1 - Eat Less
Food, including water, is the energy your body needs to exist. Your body needs only so much in order to operate. In order to lose weight, the energy (food) taken in must be less than the energy burned.
Here are some ideas for applying Step 1.
- Don't eat after 7 p.m. at night. If you stick to this, you cut out late night snacks, which are a killer for adding weight.
- Eat smaller portions. If you cut your portions, you cut down on the amount of energy coming in. Portion control is a very big thing in this day and age of mega meals and super sized food. This alone will be one of the biggest ways to eat less.
- Eat a sensible breakfast. You need to get your body functioning again after not eating since 7 p.m. last night. You are breaking your fast. Remember portion control. Everything in moderation.
- No snacks between meals. This will also make sure you are eating less.
Here are some ideas for applying Step 2.
- While you are watching TV, don't just sit there. Move your arms around, get up and walk around the room, do jumping jacks, stand up and sit down. All you want to do is make sure you are NOT just sitting there watching TV. ANY activity is better than none.
- Take your dog for a walk every day. It will greatly benefit your dog, also. If you do not have a dog, take a walk anyway. It doesn't have to be very far. Just take a walk however far you want. Just do more than you have been and you will feel better and start burning more energy than previously.
- Take the stairs whenever possible. No more elevators.
- If you can, start weight training. Muscle burns energy efficiently. If you build muscle, it replaces fat and makes you a fat burning machine!
Try to think of other creative ways to cut calories and increase energy expendature. I'm sure you can come up with many more ideas. This will be a great start for you. Keep in mind it is always easier to start, and stick with these steps if you have someone to share in your activity. A final thought - The best time to plant a tree was 5 years ago. The second best time is right now!
This can be applied to losing weight. The best time to start may have been in the past, but the second best time is right now. Don't get discouraged. This is a lifetime commitment and a life changing goal. Be easy on yourself, but be committed and you will see progress!
As with any excercise or weight loss program proper supplementation is vital. Before taking action- Get Informed. For a FREE Health Newsletter please visit: http://www.healthybodysupplements.com
For More Information on Weight Loss and A FREE Health Newsletter please visit: http://www.healthybodysupplements.com
Weight Loss Supplements Without Ephedrine
The term commonly used with fat burning supplements is often thermogenics, which as the name suggests, has to do with temperature. These supplements have been shown to help increase the body's temperature enabling the body's ability to burn calories as heat; to be used as energy, thereby preventing them from being stored as fat. Effective thermogenic supplements are those that contain key ingredients that create a fat burning 'thermogenic' environment by working together and in synergy. Some of these ingredients also aid in reducing appetite and spiking an increase in short-term energy.
Step 2 - Exercise More
Don't worry, you won't need to run 12 miles a day or anything like that. You just want to use more energy than in the past. In order to do this, you will need to increase your activity. Don't think of it as exercise, think of it as activity. You will be surprised at how easy it is to increase your activity level!
Such common ingredients are:
Alpha Lipoic Acid
* Prevents cellular damage (from free radicals), reduces oxidative stress, lowers blood sugar
* Increases energy levels
* Powerful insulin potentiator
Banana leaf extract
* Balances blood sugar levels
* Transports blood sugar into the cells and aids in controlling carbohydrate cravings
* Raises the body's metabolic rate
* A highly effective calorie and fat burner
* Helps to burn fat, and does not affect the central nervous system
* Increases energy levels
CLA - Conjugated Linoleic Acid
* An important fatty acid that has been shown to reduce the body's ability to store fat and increase the body's use of fat for energy.
* Accelerates the breakdown of existing fat stores
* Promotes healthy cardiovascular function, lowers elevated blood pressure
* Increases levels of cellular messenger cAMP(cyclicadenosine monophosphatpe) that in turn accelerates the breakdown of existing fat stores
* Promotes weight loss and suppresses appetite
* Increases fat oxidation and mobilization
* Promotes glycogen synthesis
* Increases energy levels
* When combined with other ingredients it helps to boost their effect
* Has been used for centuries to reduce fatigue and to increase energy levels
* Improves thyroid functioning
* Increases fat metabolism
Green Tea Extract
* When combined with the other ingredients it helps to boost their effect to burn fat
* Has been used for centuries to reduce fatigue and to increase energy levels lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels
* The Hoodia molecule, christened P57, fools your brain into believing you are full making it easier to lose that excess weight.
* Pure Hoodia has no known side-effects, it is stimulant free, will not give you the shakes, make your heart race or raise your body temperature.
* is high in fiber, essential for cleaning the digestive system.
* it expands to about 50 times its original volume when used with a large glass of water.
* Improves cognitive function, alleviating depression and improving a sense of well being
* Helps to naturally boost healthy amounts of growth hormone, which promotes lean muscle growth, and in turn a faster metabolism
* Extends the half-life of all the other fat burning ingredients, thereby supporting and extending a longer fat burning timeframe
* Increases resting metabolic rate
* Facilitates the transport of blood sugar into muscle tissue to increase available energy
* Improves weight loss
* Lowers cholesterol
* Increases energy and boosts mood
White Willow Bark
* The bark of the white willow tree is a source of salicin and other salicylates - compounds
* When combined with the other ingredients it helps to boost their effect to burn fat
Chester is a health nutrition consultant and is the owner of AstroNutrition - a provider of premium health nutrition and sports supplements.
Ephedrine Weight Loss; Can I really lose weight by using Ephedrine
Ma Huang (Ephedrine) has been shown to increase the effectiveness of thermogenesis (fat burning) in the body. It contributes to the release and blocks the re-uptake of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine. This gives norepinephrine the ability to continuously stimulate receptors in your body, causing fat cell "flood gates" to open and facilitate fat loss resulting in weight loss.
Not only does ephedrine increase the rate at which fat is lost, it preserves muscle at the same time, making it an ideal dieting aid for athletes. The most comprehensive look at ephedrine for weight loss is a recent meta-analysis published in The Journal of the American Medical Association. This meta-analysis was done by the request of the US Department of Health and Human Services. It reviewed 44 controlled trials on the use of ephedrine for weight loss. It found that on average, it increased weight loss 1.3 lbs. per month more than placebo.
However, combinations of ephedrine or ephedra with caffeine or herbs containing caffeine resulted in an average weight loss of 2.2 lbs. per month. Through nutrient repartitioning, ephedrine promotes fat loss while preserving fat-free mass. One of the reasons why it is such a powerful weight loss agent is that it operates through a variety of mechanisms, including increasing levels of norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine, and stimulating both alpha and beta adrenoreceptors. It (through facilitating the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline) stimulates the alpha(1)-adrenoreceptor subtype, which is known to induce hypophagia (appetite suppression). It is estimated that appetite supression accounts for 75-80% of the weight loss with ephedrine.
What is Ephedrine?
Ma Huang (Ephedrine) is known as one of the world's oldest medicines. Ma Huang (Ephedrine) is a member of the family of herbs known as the Ephedraceae. Ma Huang is a shrub-like plant found in desert regions throughout the world. It is distributed from northern China to Inner Mongolia. The dried green stems of the three Asian species (Ephedra sinica, Ephedra intermedia, Ephedra equisetina) are used medicinally. The North American species of ephedra, sometimes called Desert Tea or Mormon Tea, does not appear to contain the active ingredients of its Asian ephedra counterparts.
Ephedrine is a naturally occuring central nervous system stimulant obtained from the plant Ephedra equisetina. Ephedrine is produced by chemical synthesis, the synthetic product being marketed in the form of its salt, ephedrine sulfate; it occurs as a white crystalline powder with a bitter taste, soluble in water and very soluble in alcohol. Ephedrine's peripheral stimulant actions are similar to but less powerful than those of epinephrine (also called adrenaline), a hormone produced in the body by the adrenal glands.
What is Ephedrine used for?
Ephedrine has been used in China for more than 5,000 years to treat symptoms of asthma and upper respiratory infections. It has also been used in the treatment of headaches, fevers, colds, and hay fever. Today, compounds derived from this herb are commonly found in many over-the-counter (OTC) cold and allergy medications. Ma Huang is also found in some weight loss and energy products. For dieters, Ephedrine suppresses the appetite and stimulates metabolism through a process known as thermogenesis. Recently, Ma Huang has been the subject of scientific research for obesity because of this thermogenic fat-burning effect. It is used to increase heart rate, blood pressure and performance. This is normally released by your body under stress to enhance sports performance.
Ephedrine has moderately potent bronchial muscle relaxant properties, and therefore is used for symptomatic relief in milder cases of asthmatic attack; it is also used to reduce the risk of acute attacks in the treatment of chronic asthma. Ephedrine is also used to treat low blood pressure, because it constricts blood vessels and stimulates certain actions of the heart.
What are the side effects of use and Ephedrine
Some of the more common side effects people experience from taking the drug are nervousness, dizziness, tremors, rapid heart rate, headaches, jitters, palpitations, insomnia, increased blood pressure. When taken at higher levels, ephedra can cause drastic increases in blood pressure, as well as cardiac arrhythmias. Discontine use if you experience any side effects.
Do not use this ephedrine weight loss product if you are now taking a prescription containing Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI) (Certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, Parkinson's disease) or 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you are uncertain whether your prescription drug contains an MAOI, consult a health professional before taking this product. Do not store above 30 degrees C (86 degrees F). Protect from moisture.
What is an ECA stack?
The ECA Stack is a component found in thermogenic weight loss pills, composed of ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin working to speed up the metabolism and thus cause calories to burn faster and result in weight loss. Anyone with high blood pressure or heart problems should not take the stack.
Benefits of Ephedrine (Ephedrine Weight
* ephedrine increases metabolism
* ephedrine suppresses appetite
* ephedrine preserves muscle tissue
* ephedrine treats symptoms of asthma and upper respiratory infections
What about the law and Ephedrine use?
Laws for Ephedrine use differ in every country. It is your responsiblity to check with your Customs office if Ephedrine and Ephedra products are permitted in your country.
Chester is a health nutrition consultant and is the owner of AstroNutrition - a provider of premium health nutrition and sports supplements.
Selecting the Right Diet Pills for Weight Loss
More and more people are turning to the diet pill for their weight loss program. After all, why go through all the strenuous activities of exercising when you can just take a pill. With the introduction of diet pills to promote weight loss, more and more people are turning to this form of weight loss. Most advertisements claim that their product can easily melt away fats and cellulites. Who needs to tone those abs and biceps with a disciplined exercise program when a diet pill can do it for you?
It is estimated that 60% of the American population are considered obese. The weight loss and diet pill industry are reaping millions of dollars in the United States alone. Now, the questions are: is there any truth regarding the manufacturers' claims that these diet pills can ultimately promote weight loss. Are they effective in helping people lose weight? Moreover, if that is the case, do these pills help those people maintain their ideal weight and curb any fat accumulation in the body?
In reality, there are diet pills that can really make a person lose those extra pounds. There are diet pills that contain certain substances that have been scientifically proven effective. These diet pills are effective in increasing the metabolism of the body, thereby, initiating weight loss. In addition, these diet pills contain certain substances that suppress one's appetite. However, with so many diet pills saturating the market today, trying to find the best and most effective diet pill can be very tedious. With that in mind, here are some things to consider when selecting a diet pill that is effective and safe.
· Ability to boost metabolism
In choosing diet pills that will effectively promote weight loss, it is best to look for pills that have the ingredients that will enhance your body's metabolism, or the ability of the body to burn excess fats. Choose those diet pills that contain alpha lipoic acid, green tea extracts, and "L-Canitine" because these ingredients had been clinically proven effective in promoting weight loss through increased metabolic rate.
How does this relate to eating breakfast every day and eating many small meals throughout the day? Well, when our body perceives a starvation situation, it will do whatever it can to protect itself. When we eat infrequently our entire endocrine system is thrown out of whack. The body may release hormones to help it store fat and use alternative sources of fuel (muscle). That's the last thing we want, but it's often what we get. If, by eating randomly, we tell our body that it may not get fuel for a long time, then the body will adapt by storing whatever it can for as long as it can. So eat breakfast and 'break' the 'fast'.
· Appetite suppressant
Find diet pills that effectively suppress your appetite. This does not necessarily mean that you will skip meals but you will not feel as hungry and therefore less likely to eat between meals. Obesity usually happens to people who are fond of in-between meals, which actually initiates excessive calorie intake.
· Calorie stopper
Because obesity is usually due to excess intake of calories in the body, which is more than the recommended amount, it is best to choose diet pills that have the special ingredients that will curb the entry of calories into the body. These substances are known as "phaseolus vulgaris." This is known to create an enzyme that will efficiently control any excess calories in the body. The enzyme responsible for this wonderful job is known as "alpha-amylase."
· Metabolic enhancers
It is best to choose diet pills that have the so-called "lipotropic elements" that are effective in eliminating fats from the body. It functions like a sweeper that effectively sweeps excess fats outside the body. These lipotropic elements are found in vitamin C, chitosan, alpha lipoic acid, and green tea extracts.
· Water retention
Effective diet pills are those that contain diuretics. These elements avert the retention of water in the body during the weight loss regimen. All of these factors are, indeed, clinically proven and effective in losing weight. Nonetheless, keep in mind that diet pills alone are not sufficient to provide optimum weight loss. An exercise program should still be a part of your weight loss program.
With an exercise program and the right diet pills, you are definitely on your way to a healthier and slimmer you.
When you're on the road to life-long fitness, the two most critical variables to control are exercise and nutrition. Some fitness experts argue that true fitness is 50% regular exercise and 50% nutrition. Others in the field believe that it's more of an 80/20 split: 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Either way, there's virtually nobody out there contradicting the basic truth that regular exercise and sound nutrition will pay huge dividends. What we don't hear so much about, however, is the timing behind exercise and nutrition. To really rocket our fat-loss results into the stratosphere, we absolutely must consider not only what we do, but when we do it.
Today's topic is "When should we eat?" The obvious answer is "When we're hungry!" But is that the right answer? How about "When food is in the room with us!" Is that the right answer? One more try: We should eat "When we get a chance." Surely that's the right answer!
Nope, nope, and nope. It's a sad but true fact that eating at the wrong time of the day can undermine our fat loss efforts. To get the most 'bang for our food buck' we need to be scheduling our meals. RULE #1: To maximize our 'eating timing' we should all be consuming 5-6 small meals each day. The old '3 squares a day' just doesn't work anymore. Eating frequent small meals each day allows us to control our blood sugar and insulin levels, and thus our energy levels. Many small meals (instead of 3 big meals) allows us to get our daily protein in manageable amounts throughout the day, which in turn minimizes the storage of body fat.
Consider this: the recommended amount of protein per day is 50 grams (for the average American). Sally eats some protein (about 8.33 grams) with every meal throughout the day. Sally is eating a small meal about every three hours. Her blood sugar remains fairly constant, which keeps her energy level fairly constant. Bubba, on the other hand, eats his 50 grams of protein all at one time by chowing down on a porterhouse steak with dinner. Both people had the RDA of protein. Who do you think is storing more fat?
RULE #2: Eat breakfast. The biggest mistake most of us make (nutritionally speaking) is going far too long between meals. How many of us skip breakfast? Think about it: when we wake up in the morning we've already been on at least a 6 hour fast ('break' the 'fast'.....get it?). If we skip breakfast we've extended that fast from 6 to 12 hours. What's the danger? When we eat infrequently, our body may think it is starving.
Make no mistake about it: the body is a wonderful system that scientists still do not fully understand. When the body senses danger (in this case, starvation) it takes whatever steps it can to protect itself and preserve life. We know this to be true by considering the body's response to freezing: blood is pulled in from the extremities (fingers, toes) so that the vital organs are kept warm. The body protects itself. How about the body's response to physical danger: adrenaline is released and every sense goes on high alert. Again, the body will attempt to protect itself.
RULE #3: Rule #3 is to NOT take Rules #1 and Rule #2 to extremes. When presented with this information, some of us will invariably use it as an excuse to double our calorie consumption. Admit it, some of us were thinking "Wow! I can eat twice as often = I can eat twice as much!". Wrong. The proper way to move from 3 meals per day to the recommended 6 meals per day is to eat 1/2 as much at each meal. The key is that total calorie consumption must remain the same. If we eat what we've always eaten, but spread it throughout the day, we will see (and feel) the difference almost immediately.
RULE #4: We must eat for what we're about to do, not for what we just did. Before we eat anything, we should be asking ourselves "What are we about to do in the next three hours?" If the answer is 'take a nap' or 'watch television', then our meal should be lower in carbohydrates and calories. Carbs are primary source of energy for the body, so if we're not going to need a lot on energy in the next three hours we shouldn't consume a bunch of energy-producing foods (carbs).
Let's say we're all going to mow our lawns at 3:00 pm tomorrow. Our reward is an ice cream cone from Cold Stone Creamery. Are we better off eating the ice cream before we mow the lawn, or after we mow the lawn? That's where most of us go wrong. If we know we're going to eat the ice cream anyway, we'd do ourselves a favor to have it before the lawn-mowing job. That way the calories and carbs would have a chance to be burned as fuel instead of stored as fat.
Again, the body is very efficient at what it does. After we eat something, anything, there's a window of about 3 hours where those calories are "put away". Some is stored as glycogen for near-future use. Some is stored as fat. If we're just sitting on the sofa, those calories are more likely to be stored as fat.
On the other side of the coin, which of our 6 meals should be lowest in calories? That's right: the meal closest to bedtime. Why consume a big huge batch of calories when all we're going to do is lay in bed and sleep? Most of us don't need all that energy to sleep. CONCLUSION: What have we learned? That it's not enough to simply watch what we eat.....but we also need to watch when we eat. As the old saying goes, timing is everything, so let's use it to our advantage!
Tracie Johanson is the founder of Pick Up The Pace, a 30-minute exercise studio for women focusing on fitness, health and nutrition for maximum weight loss. Please visit http://www.letspickupthepace.com/ for more information.
There are more Weight Loss Articles from Cure Help Health Tips!
Weight Loss Surgeries - Is it possible to lose weight fast? Yes indeed. Fast loss of weight means losing about one to two pounds per week. However, any program, which promotes losing 12-15 pounds in a week or 10 days is not in favor of your health or you can say may cause harm to your health.
Ephedrine Weight Loss - 1. Dandelion: (Taraxacum officiale) Identity: Roots, Leaves - Can commonly be viewed as a weed in the yard that needs to be eliminated. However, it has been used over the centuries in salads and in Herbal Remedies for its help-healing properties.
Products Weight Loss - A healthy pregnancy almost always involves weight gain. But now that baby's here, you're probably wishing those extra pounds would hurry up and disappear!
Source Fitness Rx - "I'm fat, but I'm thin inside. Has it ever struck you that there's a thin man inside every fat man?" - George Orwell Obesity is life threatening according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which recently ranked obesity as the number one health threat facing America.
Weight Loss Failure - Drgily.com is proud to introduce their free on-line weight loss program, "Weight Loss For Life". What sets it apart from other programs available on-line is its exclusive reliance on scientific evidence and its ease of use.
Weight Loss Foods - In response to an email I received from a reader I have taken up her suggestion to share my next weight control program by publishing my weight loss diary in article form for everybody to follow.
Weight Loss Formula - Mehta http://www.fatfreekitchen.com [You have permission to publish this article in your web sites, ezines or electronic publication, as long as the piece is used in its entirety including the resource box, all hyperlinks (HTML clickable) and references and copyright info.
Weight Loss Formula - For most of my life, or at least as long as I can remember, I have been overweight. No let me rephrase. I have been fat. Yes, fat. Not just a little overweight, not big boned, not plus sized or comfortably large. Not weight challenged or in need of loosing a few pounds.
Weight Loss Health - Have you ever noticed that sometimes you get bombarded by uncontrollable urges that can strike at any time? Sometimes you can be walking down the aisle of a grocery store and that piece of chocolate or bag of cookies just hops into your cart without your even noticing.
Weight Loss Health - If I were asked, "what is the most difficult thing many people find to do when they start a weight-loss program?", I would have to say right near the top of the list is this - they don't drink enough water!
Weight Loss Hypnosis - Weight-loss is one of those things that most people consider at some time in their life. Trying to find the best diet or the most efficient type of exercise seems to be a never-ending job. Initially it may seem that the desire to find the ideal weight loss program is all about looking good to others, this may be true but in reality it should be all about your own feelings of self worth and that relates to more than just your appearance.
Weight Loss Hypnosis - The most frequently reported study to promote Hoodia Gordonii as a weight loss supplement was conducted with obese individuals who were given Hoodia Gordonii and left in a room with little to distract them except TV, reading and eating.
Weight Loss Industry - When you go on a diet and decide you want to lose some weight, most people think "I'll stop eating so much, maybe do a bit of exercise and be my ideal weight in just a few days". Sadly, these people end up disappointed and usually heavier than when they started.
Weight Loss Information - Well, here it is, late night TV and I'm flipping through the channels trying to find something good to watch. As I'm surfing the tube, I notice a huge amount of weight loss infomercials. And you know what, most of them literally make me sick to my stomach. Not because I despise TV, but because I can't stand it when companies blatantly lie to unsuspecting consumers and make MILLIONS in the process doing it.
Weight Loss Issue - You may be surprised what the federal government has to say about weight loss. The National Institutes of Health has some interesting ideas about what it takes to trim the fat. You may find that a number of these ideas conflict with what you've been hearing in the popular press.
Weight Loss Issues - A recent study shows that people who drink diet soda on a daily basis are more likely to gain weight, over a ten year period, than those who drink no soda at all. Clearly, the concept of 'diet' soda - soda with little or no sugar, fat or calories - is backfiring.
Weight Loss Lesson - I was watching a spiritual program recently and the person asked a question and then his answer really caught me off guard. I'm going to ask you the question he asked and then give you his answer. It will definitely make you think.
Weight Loss Lesson - If you were going to travel to the other side of the world, you'd need to plan it. I mean, you're not going to just book a seat on a plane, take off and just take it all as it comes. You need to plan your finances, organize time off from work, get a visa, book accommodation, the list goes on.
Weight Loss Maintenance - A quote from Nelson Mandela illustrates this in showing you that you are an AWESOME child of God. I look at this quote each and every day when I do my energy circles. I encourage you to print this and tape it somewhere so that you see it everyday.
Weight Loss Operation - "There goes Godzilla" and I was stunned to see the neighbourhood children point and run as I glared at them. I knew that I was plump, but Godzilla, I rushed in dumped all the groceries at the door and checked my self out in the mirror. I mean...after a long time, really checked myself in the mirror.
Weight Loss Quick - A metabolism drug like ephedrine, has shown many people how to burn fat fast. These drugs however, are associated with a certain degree of risk. What about their effectiveness compared to these risks? And what should you do to minimize the probability of side effects.
Weight Loss Plan - As we all know, overweight can lead to a series of health issues such as cardiac problems, diabetes, sleep apnea and hypertension. The only way out of all these troubles is to shed those extra pounds around your waist by embracing some effective lose weight diets programs and a disciplined food habit since then.
Corrective Eye Surgery - As with any surgery, LASIK has a few complications. Scientific studies conducted in the late 1990s depicted that a meager 5% of LASIK eye surgeries resulted in some sort of complication.
Effective Bedwetting Solutions - Finding bed wetting solutions is something that parents spend a lot of time looking for when they have an older child with a bedwetting problem. There are many products on the market that offer relief in keeping the child dry at night, but these are not really solutions that will cure the bed wetting forever.
Allergy Relief Products - Food allergies are a condition where the body’s immune system becomes hypersensitized. As a result of this hypersensitized state, it mistakenly believes that food entering the body is harmful and creates antibodies to counteract it.
Anti Aging Articles - While there are some very quick fixes such as, minor to major cosmetic surgeries, there are some less extreme measures that you can use to look and feel younger on a daily basis.
Anti Aging - For ages man has been trying to defy Father Time and Mother Nature. Eternal youth is a myth but you can definitely defy old age with anti aging diet. And contrary to popular myth, anti aging diet does not translate into starving yourself.
Ovarian Cancer - Whilst it is impossible to generalize emotional and energetic responses, she highlights the issue of rage in ovarian cancers.
More coming soon!
New Articles - Just Added
Solar Plexus Chakra - In this article I write about my personal experiences with depression and about how I have learnt to cope and to even eradicate it. I am sure that I am not alone in the fact that I have regular periods of my life when I am depressed, but knowing this fact does not make it any easier for me.
Specific Compounds Needed - For those persons dealing with the issue of hair loss, it may be a daunting task to choose a hair loss remedy. For various reasons individuals may have difficulty in choosing which treatment will work.
Cure Help Featured Article Topics
Acid Reflux - articles, tips, advice and information about Acid Reflux
Allergies - Allergies can be cured in many cases!
Anti-Aging - Anti aging health tips!
Arthritis - Arthritis cures and suggestions on how to reduce pain
Bed Wetting - Bed Wetting can be cured fast with the right approach
Cancer - Cancer is a major concern as our world gets more polluted
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is an important health concern
Depression - Depression cures can improve your state of mind
Diabetes - Diabetes may not be cured, but there are many tips to make life better!
Hair Loss - Hair Loss is a major concern for both men and women
Lasik Surgery - Lasik Surgery is an increasingly popular option to cure eye problems
Natural Cures - There are many natural cures to improve health and ailments
Nutrition - What you need to know about Nutrition and your health
Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery is an option to change your appearance
Skin Care - Skin Care is a major concern for children, men and women
Vitamins, Herbs & Supplements - Health tips about Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements
Stop Smoking Cigarettes - Tips for stopping cigarette smoking... yuck!
Teeth Whitening - all about dental methods and teeth whitening
Weight Loss - articles about losing weight and improving your body image.
Recent Health Articles from the Web
Cure Help Health Articles 330info
Looking for something specific? We're proud to offer Google Search for both the web AND so you can find content on our web site! Simply type in a few words and select web or our site and we'll help you find exactly what you are looking for! Happy hunting!
New on Cure Help Health Tips! Weight Loss Articles at the Healthy Living Blog
Hot! Just added to Cure Help Health Tips!
Cures Chitosan Articles - The Gingko tree can be traced back millions of years to the prehistoric era. With a plant that has existed as long as it has, it may be its ability to retain its genetic information generation after generation so well that also is beneficial to humans as a supplement.
Home Cholesterol Test - Cholesterol is found in most all foods that have some type of meat or nut in them. If you are not looking at the ingredients in the foods that you are eating, you could be eating a high amount of cholesterol and not even realize it.
Cure Help Legal Disclaimer: Weight Loss articles, news, tips and information presented as a public service. Cure Help offers information for entertainment and educational purposes. None of the viewpoints or tips and suggestions presented in the articles are endorsed by Cure Help. Please consult a health care practitioner (your doctor) before applying any cure tips,advice or suggestions. We care about your health! Be smart and get several opinions before you implement any changes in your life! Please consult the FDA Compliancy Policy Guide for information on drugs and standards.
New Cure Help Health Tips Articles - Just Added!