Lose weight the easy way! 13 bags of pure natural whole food will make it easy for your own 13 Day Nutritional Event! Get the facts at the Health Tips Blog
Pure Aloe Vera Gel is a miracle worker for the skin!
Not just for cuts and bruises, try pure Aloe Vera gel on your face after some time in the sun! It'll repair your dry skin and help you look more tanned!
Lips are sensitive!
Your lips can burn quite easily - always apply lip balm with a sunblock when you spend more than a few minutes in direct sunlight.
news and information
1. Never go to bed with makeup on. Makeup left on overnight will seep into your pores forming clogs, irritations, and congestions. Wash your face at least twice daily.
2. Exfoliate - After washing your face, use a gentle delicate scrub to remove dead skin cells on the surface and help bring forward fresh vibrant cells. Tip - If you don't have a scrub on hand, try using a tablespoon of sugar or oatmeal instead.
3. Make use of a facial mask. Facial masks a great for promoting moist healthy skin. Excellent mask products are available through your favorite beauty retailers. Looking to save some money? Making your own mask at home is easy and fun! Banana, Avocado, and yogurt work well. Just place your desired ingredients in a blender and gently blend to a smooth consistency.
4. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. Always make use of a good moisturizing product daily. Always wash your face prior to applying your moisturizer. Tip - You can gently apply a thin layer of vitamin A or C on your face prior to applying your moisturizer to promote a soft and healthy looking tone.
5. Avoid cheap cosmetics. The pure simple fact of the matter is that often times; inexpensive products are poorly made and poorly tested if at all. This does not mean that you must go out and buy the most expensive products that you can find. Start with moderately priced cosmetics and sample several brands until you find one that works well for you.
6. Be Gentle! Never push, pull, stretch, or harshly scrub your face. Do not pick at existing acne, scars, or blemishes, EVER! Doing so can damage the skin and increase the chances of developing wrinkles and other unsightly blemishes. Treat yourself as if you were an infant. We all know how soft their skin is!
7. Protect yourself from the sun. This one seems obvious and yet I can't think of one person that I know that regularly makes use of sunscreen on a daily basis. Use protective sunglasses, hats, or visors for quick trips out and be sure to re-apply sunscreen after swimming or physical exertion.
8. Keep hydrated. This is one of the most important and often overlooked aspects of skin care. Water not only makes up the largest percentage of our body mass but also acts as the river that carries away toxins and waste and keeps our system running at optimal health. But drinking water will make me look bloated. WRONG! This is a myth. Your body will naturally regulate the amount of water it retains in order to operate efficiently. Water retention is often a symptom of some other condition. Drinking water alone and keeping properly hydrated does not cause bloating and could very well be the missing ingredient in your skin care regiment.
9. Release Stress - Stress can be one of the most detrimental factors to achieving healthy skin. Stress causes the body to release chemicals that can have a negative impact on your skin. Simple remedies such as exercise, relaxation, and simply some alone time can often do the trick. A quick trip to the spa once in a while doesn't hurt either.
10. Get more sleep. Long term sleep depravation can cause droopy skin around the eyes and in the forehead area. Ideally, you should strive for a minimum of 8 hours of quality sleep each night to look and feel your best.
11. Use a good toner. As skin ages, it begins to loose its elasticity. Toning can help keep the skin clear and firm. Look for a toner than contains alpha hydroxyl acids. These help to reduce pore size and can also be beneficial to preventing ingrown hairs.
12. Winter Skin Care - Winter skin problems such as dryness, itching, and cracking are commonly associated with the cold, dreary days of winter. Often times, this results more from loss of moisture resulting from spending the majority of our time indoors in low humidity environments than it does from the actual cold. Invest in and use a humidifier. Keeping the relative humidity in your house at or above 60% will allow your skin to replenish itself by absorbing moisture from the air.
Think about your last trip to the desert for a moment. What do the plants have in common? They are all rough, spiny, and hard. Now think about a trip to a more humid climate. What are the characteristics of the plants? Think big, bright, soft, and colorful leaves. The difference - The amount of moisture in the air. You can choose whether your house will be a desert or a rainforest and your skin will respond appropriately. Also refrain from taking long hot showers. Hot water removes natural oils from the skin and essentially peels back your natural layer of protection. This can open you up to dryness and cracking.
This article is provided courtesy of Greek Island Labs to help promote natural healthy skin.
We really do care about your health and happiness and are thrilled you are interested in our articles, but please always check with your doctor before trying something new!
Natural Winter Skin Care
Winter is a wonderful time of the year - holidays, warm fires, crisp air, and for many, fresh fallen snow. Bur the colder temperature and lower humidity affect the condition of your skin and hair.
Here are some suggestions for protecting your skin and hair:
2. Elbows, knees, and feet are completely covered in the winter months, and usually forgotten until spring. Clothing and boots can cause friction that creates a buildup of thick skin. A good scrubbing with a natural lofah sponge, followed by a rich cream will remove any problems here.
3. Sun protection is very important in the winter months, just as it is year-round. Many people forget to use sunscreen, but sun reflects off snow and ice, and you can actually get double the sun exposure.
4. Protect your lips with a good lip balm, and avoid licking your lips as much as possible, since that will cause your lips to crack and chap. If you get a bad case of chapped or cracked lips, use some Vaseline Intensive care before bed, and you should be good to go in the morning.
5. Winter winds and low humidity are also hard on your hair, and using a rich, deep hair conditioner is important to restore moisture to your hair.
6. One way to keep your skin in great shape is getting a massage. You don't have to go to a specialist for this: just get out your favorite massage oil and ask a family member to give you a quick massage. Then relax and enjoy the experience and the benefits.
Here are some of the best natural beauty ingredients available for winter skin and hair care:
Baking Soda - can be used as a deodorant, bath powder, or tooth whitener. Mixed with water, it helps remove residues from hairstyling products, making your hair clean and shiny.
Beans - Finely ground until powder-like, beans make a great cleanser for your face and body: just add the powdered beans to your favorite cleanser and massage into damp skin. Dry beans are rich in protein, potassium and iron, all good ingredients for healthy skin. Citrus Fruit - contains citric acid, which kills bacteria on the skin. Also, the fresh scent is a known energizer. Rinse your hair with lemon juice mixed with water when you hair is dull and tired. Maple Syrup - can be used as a facial mask, or hair conditioner, and it's one of the best natural moisturizers. For best results, make sure you look for syrup marked 100% pure. Tea Tree Oil - this oil has very powerful antibacterial and antiviral qualities, and it's easily absorbed by the skin.
Enjoy your beautiful skin and hair this coming winter!
If wrinkles and lines are a concern to you, this skin care kit might be what you need to stop the aging process before it fully starts.
It was our pleasure to try the sample, travel size kit available from The Diaper Lady. This kit is part of her Paraben-Free Product line. The package was shipped first class, and arrived safe and sound. Business cards were included, and the samples were in their own cute case with instructions. Catalog was also included for purchasing additional, full size items.
1. The skin on your hands is thinner than in other areas of your body, and it needs extra protection and care. Make sure that after washing your hands you dry thoroughly and use a good hand cream. Wearing gloves outdoors will also protect them and keep your skin soft.
This item was reviewed by my mother, who noted how well the products do work. She was most impressed by the natural ingredients, in addition to the great smell. The items included have made a difference in the softness of her skin, and has reduced lines around her eyes.
Included in the travel kit were the following items:
Gentle Daily Clenser Hydrating Toner Rice Brand Polisher Nutritious Creme Masque Perfecting Essence Serum Intensive Eye Nourisher Day time emulsion Night Renual
Having never used an item like this before, it was an interesting experience for my mother. She'll be using all the items on a regular basis from now on. Details on all the products offered from The Diaper Lady can be found at: http://www.thediaperlady.com
Kara Kelso is the owner of Mom's Market, a family friendly shopping directory featuring product reviews. For more reviews, please visit: http://www.momsmarketonline.com
Are you losing the 'flush of youth'? There are many attacks on our skin every day; sun, wind, lack of proper hydration or care. Fairly soon you will look in the mirror and wonder when your skin started to look so dull or wrinkles started to appear. As with most things in life, prevention is better than a cure. However, for those who have not had eight hours sleep every night, moisturized regularly, stayed out of the sun and never touched alcohol what is needed is to reduce further aging and regain a more vibrant appearance.
Where to start?
Whether you're 18 or 58 it is vital for women to protect their skin from the damage of the sun. While the dangers were not as well known years ago (or so severe) it now the responsibility of everyone to safeguard the sensitive skin on their face from the harsh damage caused by the UV rays from the sun.
Your skin is exposed to the sun no matter what the weather so use a moisturizer or foundation with a sunscreen that has an SPF of 15 or higher every day. UVA and UVB rays contribute to wrinkles and burns not to mention the possibility of skin cancer.
As skin ages it tends to become drier. Dry skin will show more wrinkles than well hydrated skin. Moisturizers create a barrier that keeps the skin from losing essential water. The moisturizers available today are far more luxurious than the cold creams of yesterday. Starting a moisturizing routine will help your skin retain hydration which contributes to a supple texture reducing the appearance of fine lines. Moisturizers also prepare the skin for the application of makeup which will apply smoother and create a fine finish without cracking or flaking.
Pollution in the air and chemicals in our food release free radicals into our bodies. Free radicals break down the collagen and elastin in your skin which leads to wrinkles and sagging. Using antioxidants in your facial products or in supplements will protect the collagen and elastin which keeps skin firm and supple.
AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids)
AHA comes in many forms, from store bought creams to dermatologist applied formulations. The AHA sloughs off skin in what is commonly called a 'peel'. A mild formula used at home can treat fine lines while harsher peels can be performed during a short office visit.
NUTRITION and HYDRATION
As many people are aware, what goes inside will show on the outside. The best prevention from aging skin is to provide your body with a proper diet of healthy fresh foods as well as sufficient hydration. Alcohol and caffeine cause dehydration and should be limited.
Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will improve the texture of your skin and fight dry skin. Healthy foods can provide the vitamin C and E that are so rich in antioxidants. Add to this a good nights sleep and the steps noted above and you are on your way to getting the fresh, vibrant skin you desire!
Does a wafting of vanilla make you weak in the knees? Does the mention of chocolate raise your blood temperature? Do you salivate for banana cream pies and sugary sweet treats? Don't worry about the diet - you CAN indulge recklessly when you use these delicious ingredients for the beauty of your skin!
Unfortunately, giving in to your craving for sugary treats too often will not give you the lift you're looking for, but learning how these sinful ingredients can improve the quality and tone of your skin means you can have dessert anytime you want - guilt free. What can these delightful ingredients do for your skin? Use this guide and create your own home made moisturizers, scrubs and face masks, or look for these ingredients in store bought preparations.
Sugar makes an effective and sweet body scrub. Brown sugar mixed with a small amount of liquid glycerin or massage oil can be used all over the body. Apply the mixture using small, circular motions to rub it on. The sugar grains will gently remove dry, dead skin while the glycerin or massage oil will ease the application and keep skin soft and supple. You can intensify the sweetness of your body scrub by adding a few drops of essential oils, like vanilla, for a luxurious and relaxing indulgence.
Honey is a natural anti-bacterial agent. You can add a small amount of liquid soap or glycerin to a few tablespoons of honey for a gentle cleanser that kills bacteria and helps heal scarring. This is great for sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts. Honey also makes an excellent base for a mask and can be used with all of these other ingredients to provide healing and cleansing properties to the formulations. A simple honey and oat cleanser (using fine ground or powdered oats) will both exfoliate and moisturize your skin.
Chocolate in it's sugary form may not be great for you but real, dark cocoa is an excellent source of antioxidants that fight free radicals which can cause cancer. The caffeine in chocolate is also useful in de-toxifying skin and has been used to fight cellulite as well as purify skin. Cocoa butter is a fantastic moisturizer and by adding a few drops of vanilla and cherry essential oils you can safely indulge while the aromatherapy effects can actually curb your cravings!
Vanilla is one of the most popular scents for bathing products. It's wonderfully rich aroma is relaxing while also being studied for it's ability to curb cravings for sweets. Vanilla blends well with most other scents including the sweet offerings listed here as well as other popular scents such as lavender and rose. Adding the essential oils of vanilla to your bath, a moisturizer or scrub will intensify the aromatherapy effects and leave you feeling restful and happy.
Bananas are naturally rich in vitamins, potassium and other skin-pleasing nutrients. Nothing could be simpler (or cheaper) than mashing a banana and applying as a mask for soft, smooth skin. Choose a banana that's ripened and soft (but not with black spots).
Adding plain yogurt and honey will soothe sunburned skin and kill germs. If you are allergic to bananas you should apply a test patch on your skin before applying to the entire face. So go ransack the cupboards - binge all evening - these delicious beauty treatments will have you feeling cleansed and soothed like no banana split or chocolate layer cake ever could!
More Cure Help Health Tips Related Articles
Skin Care Products Natural - When your baby is born, you will suddenly discover that the whole world has turned upside down. You need to pay special attention to your little ones, and it is sometimes so excruciating that you cannot handle it. But you are compelled to do so, and your parental instinct will take over.
Chemicals in Products can Cause Allergic Reactions - How can you tell when a product that claims to be natural, really is? You might try reading the label, but unless you are a chemist, this may get a little confusing. Ingredients in skin care and beauty products are listed by the chemical names.
Awful Plastic Surgery - You couldn't help but be captivated by the unbelievably cute kid with the amazingly controlled falsetto voice and electric dance moves. He was only 10 years old, when he exploded onto the music scene, along with his brothers as the lead singer of the Jackson 5, but he had the stage presence of a twenty year veteran.
Breast Implants Surgery - Earlier it was a common concept among people that plastic surgery is such an operation that is only preferred by the higher sections of the society. But now-a-days the total expenditure of the surgery has turned so reasonable that even the most common men agree to it.
Breast Plastic Surgery - Aesthetic plastic surgery is something that many people are considering today that would never have thought of it before. Adding a bit of beauty or changing their looks as they age is something that is becoming more of a fashion trend than it is for medical reasons. Others are doing it to look more like a celebrity. Still others are having things that they do not like about themselves erased within just a few hours of having the surgery.
Particular Plastic Surgery - A common criticism of plastic surgery is that it is merely a procedure undertaken by the vain. This criticism is misplaced as proved by a group known as Interplast Australia.
Advice Skin Care - Skin, the protective covering of our body bears assault of changing climates and seasons. Scorching heat of the summer vexes the skin with sun burns and dehydration. Thus the skin needs rest and rejuvenation in winter. But winter takes its own toll on the skin. The cold and dry weather of winter brings about drying of skin making it scaly.
Aging Skin Care - Growing up, I always looked forward to watching the Peanuts special: The Great Pumpkin. Little did I know that once I grew up, I'd learn just how great pumpkins really are- especially for skin care.
All-Natural Skin Care - With all the skin care tips and information today, you might think it's very confusing! All you want is what is best for your skin. It may be overwhelming for you to try to keep up with the constantly evolving technology.
Anti Aging Products - Anti-aging skin care products claim to provide relief from wrinkles and the crows feet. They claim that they can make you look younger than you are. But, do they work? There are many anti aging products available throughout the web. Most of them are able to provide you with some relief from the symptoms that we consider signs of age. But, they are far from the miracle cure that many individuals believe them to be.
Overall Skin Tone - SKIN: Looking after your skin in summer the right way is very important. So, make it a point to use a face wash. If you are on the run, never forget to carry face wipes. They help to cleanse, tone and moisturize the skin. They even take the grime off the face.
Particular Skin Type - Acne is one of the most common skin conditions today. It affects or has affected nearly everyone at one time or another. Acne skin care is the most important tool in reducing or eliminating outbreaks. Many different things contribute to healthy skin.
Personal Care Products - To know what to look for in an antiaging skin care product, it's important to understand what causes deterioration in the skin over time. All aspects of aging, including slack skin, wrinkles and uneven skin tone are the result of free radical damage at the molecular level. Oxygen molecules are the bad boys of the antiaging world.
Personal Skin Care - Rosacea (say row-ZAY-sha), a chronic skin inflammation is a facial skin disorder which affects an estimated 15 million Americans, most of whom don't know they have it. In a study, over three-fourths of people polled were not familiar with rosacea.
Proactive Skin Care - Acne is often seen as something of a trifling problem, a few zits that complicate a teenagers already confusing life, but nothing that's going to kill them - and, of course, they'll grow out of it! Anyone who has ever suffered with acne however, whether as a teenager, or as one of the growing number of people who develop the skin condition during their adult years, will tell you that the problem is not quite so trifling.
Weight Loss Plan - As we all know, overweight can lead to a series of health issues such as cardiac problems, diabetes, sleep apnea and hypertension. The only way out of all these troubles is to shed those extra pounds around your waist by embracing some effective lose weight diets programs and a disciplined food habit since then.
Corrective Eye Surgery - As with any surgery, LASIK has a few complications. Scientific studies conducted in the late 1990s depicted that a meager 5% of LASIK eye surgeries resulted in some sort of complication.
More coming soon!
Omega-3 Fatty Acids - The cost of diabetes to Americans is two-fold. There is a the actual cost of the disease in money - as in supplies bought, health dollars spent, and even commerce lost because of the debilitating nature of the disease.
Less Saturated Fat - Of course you do. More than half of all Americans are overweight: You're not alone. A new government study might give you a ray of hope though: The study shows that Americans gain only about one pound over the holidays.
Newest Articles from the Health Tips Blog
Newest Articles from the Hulda Clark Information Blog - zappers, detox, liver and kidney cleanses and more!
Cure Help Featured Article Topics
Acid Reflux - articles, tips and information about Acid Reflux
Allergies - Allergies can be cured in many cases!
Anti-Aging - Anti aging health tips!
Arthritis - Arthritis cures and suggestions on how to reduce pain
Bed Wetting - Bed Wetting can be cured fast with the right approach
Cancer - Cancer is a major concern as our world gets more polluted
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is an important health concern
Depression - Depression cures can improve your state of mind
Diabetes - Diabetes may not be cured, but there are many tips to make life better!
Hair Loss - Hair Loss is a major concern for both men and women
Lasik Surgery - Lasik Surgery is an increasingly popular option to cure eye problems
Natural Cures - There ar emany natural cures to improve health and ailments
Nutrition - What you need to know about Nutrition and your health
Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery is an option to change your appearance
Skin Care - Skin Care is a major concern for children, men and women
Vitamins, Herbs & Supplements - Health tips about Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements
Stop Smoking Cigarettes - Tips for stopping cigarette smoking... yuck!
Teeth Whitening - all about dental methods and teeth whitening
Weight Loss - articles about losing weight and improving your body image.
Looking for something specific? We're proud to offer Google Search for both the web AND so you can find content on our web site! Simply type in a few words and select web or our site and we'll help you find exactly what you are looking for! Happy hunting!
Recent Health Tips Articles from the Web
Cure Help Health Articles 378&start=2&results=2"); ?>
New! Just added to Cure Help Health Tips!
Hair Loss Prevention 02 - Saw Palmetto is an herbal oil extract from the berries of the plant called a Saw Palm. Researchers are still working to fully understand the beneficial effects of this herbal extract.
Cure Help Legal Disclaimer: Skin Care articles, news, tips and information presented as a public service. Cure Help offers information for entertainment and educational purposes. None of the viewpoints or tips and suggestions presented in the articles are endorsed by Cure Help. Please consult a health care practitioner (your doctor) before applying any health tips, advice or suggestions for possible cures. We care about your health! Be smart and get several opinions before you implement any changes in your life! Please consult the FDA Compliancy Policy Guide for information on drugs and standards.
New Cure Help Health Tips Articles - Just Added!