Cure Help Featured Video What is Lipid Profile? I Cholesterol, LDL, HDL & Triglycerides Test | 1mg
Stay Healthy! Have you ever got your lipid profile checked? In this video, you can find answers to the the following questions:
Who needs a lipid profile test?
Is fasting required for lipid profile blood test?
How can you treat an abnormal lipid profile?
The components of a lipid profile test include:
– Total cholesterol
– Low density lipoproteins (LDL Cholesterol)
– High density lipoproteins (HDL Cholesterol)
– Triglycerides (TGs)
– Very Low Density Lipoproteins (VLDL Cholesterol)
Why is lipid profile done?
– It is done to screen suspected heart diseases such as coronary artery disease and stroke
– To monitor the effectiveness of lipid lowering therapy like statins, and lifestyle changes like diet or exercise on the lipid levels
Lipid profile is also done on patients with risk factors such as:
– High BP
– Sedentary Lifestyle
– Family history or previous history of heart diseases
High levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and low levels of HDL indicate high risk of atherosclerosis and heart diseases like heart attack, or stroke.
How is lipid profile test done?
A blood sample is withdrawn from a vein of your arm. Fasting…
CURE HELP HEALTH TIPS - Stay Well! Be Safe! Wear a mask!
Stay Well! Be Safe! Wear a mask!
Cure Help Health Tips is your number one source for news and information about healthy living! We hope you found this information about cholesterol helpful.
Please bookmark us if you like the site!