Have you just recently graduated and are now out in the field but feel lost as to how to build yourself in the industry? Do you attend Beauty School and wonder how you will be successful when you graduate? Are you a seasoned veteran in the industry and wonder why your business has not grown in a while? This book will show you all you need to know to start and build a successful beauty business! If you are a Cosmetology/Aesthetic student, recent graduate, or would just like to take your business to another level, you will want to read this!
How to add medical weight loss to your practice. Medical weight loss services are a great way to improve your patient outcomes, add enjoyment to your practice, increase referrals and enhance your bottom line. At the time of this publication, it is estimated that in America, 2/3 of adults and 30% of children are overweight or obese. These startling statistics have contributed to a continued rise in co-morbid conditions associated with excess weight such as Type II diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, joint pain and cancer among others. It has also required physicians, healthcare practitioners and educators to address weight loss throughout the care continuum. As a result, adding quality medical weight loss services has been of great interest to medical and surgical practitioners alike. This book outlines simple steps to add quality weight loss services to existing or new physician practices. In fact, most practitioners find such services refreshing to offer since they are finally able to effectively engage their patients to help them truly improve their health. In addition, they discover a new (and quite enjoyable) revenue stream that enhances their bottom line. This is refreshing in light of increasingly poor reimbursement and higher rates of physician burn out. If you are interested in turn-key weight loss programs that you can easily integrate into your practice, reach out to the author at Karol@WeightLossPracticeBuilder.com or visit www.WeightLossPracticeBuilder.com. Best wishes for your success now and always.
OVER 60 WEEKS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST
With a new Afterword by the author
In The Power of Habit, Pulitzer Prize–winning business reporter Charles Duhigg takes us to the thrilling edge of scientific discoveries that explain why habits exist and how they can be changed. Distilling vast amounts of information into engrossing narratives that take us from the boardrooms of Procter & Gamble to sidelines of the NFL to the front lines of the civil rights movement, Duhigg presents a whole new understanding of human nature and its potential. At its core, The Power of Habit contains an exhilarating argument: The key to exercising regularly, losing weight, being more productive, and achieving success is understanding how habits work. As Duhigg shows, by harnessing this new science, we can transform our businesses, our communities, and our lives.
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • NPR BESTSELLER • WASHINGTON POST BESTSELLER • LOS ANGELES TIMES BESTSELLER • USA TODAY BESTSELLER • PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BESTSELLER
NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY
The Wall Street Journal • Financial Times
“Sharp, provocative, and useful.”—Jim Collins
“Few [books] become essential manuals for business and living. The Power of Habit is an exception. Charles Duhigg not only explains how habits are formed but how to kick bad ones and hang on to the good.”—Financial Times
“A flat-out great read.”—David Allen, bestselling author of Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
“You’ll never look at yourself, your organization, or your world quite the same way.”—Daniel H. Pink, bestselling author of Drive and A Whole New Mind
“Entertaining . . . enjoyable . . . fascinating . . . a serious look at the science of habit formation and change.”—The New York Times Book Review
“Cue: see cover. Routine: read book. Reward: fully comprehend the art of manipulation.”—Bloomberg Businessweek
“A fresh examination of how routine behaviors take hold and whether they are susceptible to change . . . The stories that Duhigg has knitted together are all fascinating in their own right, but take on an added dimension when wedded to his examination of habits.”— Associated Press
“There’s been a lot of research over the past several years about how our habits shape us, and this work is beautifully described in the new book The Power of Habit.”—David Brooks, The New York Times
“A first-rate book—based on an impressive mass of research, written in a lively style and providing just the right balance of intellectual seriousness with practical advice on how to break our bad habits.”—The Economist
“I have been spinning like a top since reading The Power of Habit, New York Times journalist Charles Duhigg’s fascinating best-seller about how people, businesses and organizations develop the positive routines that make them productive—and happy.”—The Washington Post
Q&A with Charles Duhigg
Q. What sparked your interest in habits?
A. I first became interested in the science of habits eight years ago, as a newspaper reporter in Baghdad, when I heard about an army major conducting an experiment in a small town named Kufa. The major had analyzed videotapes of riots and had found that violence was often preceded by a crowd of Iraqis gathering in a plaza and, over the course of hours, growing in size. Food vendors would show up, as well as spectators. Then, someone would throw a rock or a bottle.
When the major met with Kufa’s mayor, he made an odd request: Could they keep food vendors out of the plazas? Sure, the mayor said. A few weeks later, a small crowd gathered near the Great Mosque of Kufa. It grew in size. Some people started chanting angry slogans. At dusk, the crowd started getting restless and hungry. People looked for the kebab sellers normally filling the plaza, but there were none to be found. The spectators left. The chanters became dispirited. By 8 p.m., everyone was gone.
I asked the major how he had figured out that removing food vendors would change peoples’ behavior.
The U.S. military, he told me, is one of the biggest habit-formation experiments in history. “Understanding habits is the most important thing I’ve learned in the army,” he said. By the time I got back to the U.S., I was hooked on the topic.
Q. How have your own habits changed as a result of writing this book?
A. Since starting work on this book, I’ve lost about 30 pounds, I run every other morning (I’m training for the NY Marathon later this year), and I’m much more productive. And the reason why is because I’ve learned to diagnose my habits, and how to change them.
Take, for instance, a bad habit I had of eating a cookie every afternoon. By learning how to analyze my habit, I figured out that the reason I walked to the cafeteria each day wasn’t because I was craving a chocolate chip cookie. It was because I was craving socialization, the company of talking to my colleagues while munching. That was the habit’s real reward. And the cue for my behavior – the trigger that caused me to automatically stand up and wander to the cafeteria, was a certain time of day.
So, I reconstructed the habit: now, at about 3:30 each day, I absentmindedly stand up from my desk, look around for someone to talk with, and then gossip for about 10 minutes. I don’t even think about it at this point. It’s automatic. It’s a habit. I haven’t had a cookie in six months.
Q. What was the most surprising use of habits that you uncovered?
A. The most surprising thing I’ve learned is how companies use the science of habit formation to study – and influence – what we buy.
Take, for example, Target, the giant retailer. Target collects all kinds of data on every shopper it can, including whether you’re married and have kids, which part of town you live in, how much money you earn, if you’ve moved recently, the websites you visit. And with that information, it tries to diagnose each consumer’s unique, individual habits.
Why? Because Target knows that there are these certain moments when our habits become flexible. When we buy a new house, for instance, or get married or have a baby, our shopping habits are in flux. A well-timed coupon or advertisement can convince us to buy in a whole new way. But figuring out when someone is buying a house or getting married or having a baby is tough. And if you send the advertisement after the wedding or the baby arrives, it’s usually too late.
So Target studies our habits to see if they can predict major life events. And the company is very, very successful. Oftentimes, they know what is going on in someone’s life better than that person’s parents.
- The Power of Habit Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
Reduce stress and anxiety, increase your productivity, detox your body, balance your health, and find the path to greater mindfulness with this collection of signature breathing techniques by the world’s leading breathmaster, Dan Brulé.
What if you could control your outcomes and change results simply by controlling your breath? Now you can. In this definitive handbook, world-renown pioneer of breathwork Dan Brulé shares for the first-time his Breath Mastery technique that has helped more than 100,000 people in over forty-five countries.
Just Breathe is a simple and revolutionary guide that reveals the secret behind what the elite athletes, champion martial artists, Navy SEAL warriors, and spiritual yogis have always known—when you control your breathing you can control your state of well-being and level of performance. So if you want to optimize your health, clear and calm your mind, and spark peak performance—the secret to unlock and sustain these results comes from a free and natural resource that’s right under your nose.
From high stress, critical situations to everyday challenges, Just Breathe will show you how to harness your awareness and conscious breathing to benefit your body, mind, and spirit. Breathwork benefits a wide range of issues including: managing acute/chronic pain; help with insomnia, weight loss, attention deficit, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and grief; improves intuition, creativity, mindfulness, self-esteem, leadership, and much more.
Just Breathe will show you the skills and tools to breathe your way to optimum health, ultimate potential, and peak performance.
Available in several delicious flavors, Stur ALL-NATURAL, Non-GMO liquid water enhancer is for those who want to drink more water naturally! We only use the best natural fruit and stevia leaf extracts. With Stur, add as little or as much flavor as you want. Stur was born while my wife was pregnant with our twin girls. The doctor had recommended she drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. But like most Americans, she wasn’t drinking even half of that! So I started looking for healthy ways to flavor her water. I went to the store and searched the drink mixes, but found that they were all made with artificial chemicals that we didn’t feel comfortable putting in my wife’s body. Finally I asked a food scientist friend to help me create a liquid blend of natural fruit flavors and natural stevia leaf extract to squeeze in water. It took us over a year and hundreds of different formulations to land upon a blend that tasted better than most bottled sugary drinks (and we’re still tinkering to perfect it)! I called our special blend “Stur” and proudly wrote on our hand-drawn label that it had 0 calories, 0 sugar, essential vitamins, and NO artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors. (That initial label was hand-drawn by yours truly, and by popular demand, it has since been replaced with a more professional one!). Just like so many others, I hope you love Stur as much as we have put love into making it. If for any reason you aren’t satisfied, just let us know — we will make it right.
- DELICIOUS FLAVORS —– This Stur Coconut Water Enhancer 3-Pack (Variety-Original, Pineapple, and Lime flavors) contains 3 different bottles of pure coconut water diluted with purified water and added to fruit and stevia extracts (no concentrates) – the result is a lighter, more delicious spin on traditional coconut water. It just tastes natural, not chemically processed! Mix Stur in with your tap water, bottled water, Sodastream/ sparkling water, even cocktails. This 3-Pack MAKES 48 8OZ. DRINKS for a fraction of the price you’d pay for bottled coconut waters. This is a special offer, not available in grocery stores. Stur was made by a husband for his wife and twins – and our brand is about doing something good for your family.
- 100% ALL-NATURAL and NON-GMO —– Along with pure Coconut Water, we add 5 simple ingredients to water: Natural Flavor, Natural Stevia Extract, Citric Acid, Vitamin C, and Fruit/Vegetable Juice. Our Natural fruit flavors are derived from real fruit. Our Natural stevia leaf extract is steeped using gently heated water – we do not use methanol! Our Fruit/Vegetable Juice is added at trace levels to give color to Stur (so you know how much you’re adding), and is either beet or carrot concentrate. Stur is also certified Kosher by ok.org. There are NO ARTIFICIAL or Genetically-Modified ingredients in Stur (NO aspartame, NO sucralose, NO acesulfame potassium, NO red/ yellow/ blue dyes, NO artificial flavors, NO preservatives)!
- HEALTHY – 0 SUGAR, 0 CALORIES, 250% VITAMIN C per serving! —– While containing fewer electrolytes than bottled coconut water, Stur Coconut Water enhancers are also sugar-free and calorie-free and boast much higher levels of Vitamin C! We made Stur this way to help our customers, who range from pregnant women (like our founder’s wife was at the time), to parents of kids looking to avoid sugary sodas and juices, to diabetics managing blood sugar levels, to people of all ages looking to be healthier. Stur can help you DRINK 8+ GLASSES OF WATER A DAY – as encouraged by most weight management programs, including the Celebrity-Water Diet and DrinkUp campaign.
- CONVENIENT —– Each 1.1oz bottle of Stur contains 16 servings and is designed to be PORTABLE and used on-the-go. Just throw your Stur bottle in your purse or pocket – it is just as easy to use at home, at the office, and at the gym. No need to refrigerate! And with Stur’s new fliptop cap, you can CONTROL how little or how much flavor you add. So if you like a lighter water flavoring, just add a little – and if you’re feeling like a sweeter drink, you can just add more. Stur’s unique bottle is actually shaped like real fruit to represent the natural ingredients we put inside of it. To use it, just point down and squeeze in water (one squeeze per serving) – it will BLEND INSTANTLY (no stirring required, despite our name ;). Furthermore, Stur helps reduce environmental waste (each bottle of Stur can replace the waste of 16 8oz. plastic bottles of flavored drinks you might buy instead).
- WILL YOU ENJOY THE TASTE? WELL WE GUARANTEE IT. —– Our reviews speak for themselves. In formulating Stur, we went through 135 different iterations to perfect the natural taste and remove unwanted “stevia aftertaste.” Our customers have a deep influence on developing and improving our products because our goal is to help families, just as our founder did for his wife and twins. We’d love for you to become a customer – but if you try Stur and don’t enjoy it, we’ll happily refund your purchase. **Family Business, Happiness Guaranteed**