Cholesterol is necessary to make the cells in our body. We get cholesterol from two sources – our liver makes cholesterol and we can also get it from eating foods from animals. We measure cholesterol directly rather than a calculation. Having a combined Cholesterol and Lipids Test is one of the most common ways to assess your overall heart health. High LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides have been linked to a number of diseases, including heart attack, stroke, peripheral artery disease and atherosclerosis, high blood pressure (hypertension), and type II diabetes. Controlling your blood cholesterol levels can be key to reducing your risk for these disorders. This test evaluates the four key components of a cholesterol test: total cholesterol, high density lipoprotein (HDL), low density lipoprotein (LDL), and triglycerides. Your results will contain your personal levels of these markers and whether they fall within a low, normal, or high range.
- HELPFUL TEST – This easy-to-use, at-home test is ideal for anyone monitoring their cholesterol or interested in learning about their current levels. The test measures total cholesterol, HDL, direct LDL, and triglycerides.
- CONVENIENT, AT-HOME SAMPLE COLLECTION – Test includes everything you need for sample collection (only a small amount of blood is needed as a sample). The prepaid shipping label included with the test makes it easy to send your sample to the lab for analysis. You’ll get your test results on our secure online platform just days after the lab receives your sample.
- EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND RESULTS – Gain meaningful insights about your health with easy-to-understand test results. Download and share with your healthcare provider, family, or friends. We also provide you with additional resources and helpful tips along the way.
- CERTIFIED LABS – Each partner lab we choose to work with is CLIA-certified (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments). This means they have to meet high standards to obtain both state and federal certifications and submit themselves to regular inspections.
- PHYSICIAN-REVIEWED – Everlywell test orders and results are reviewed and approved by an independent board-certified physician within your state. Not available in the following states: New York, New Jersey, and Rhode Island. Test taker must be 18+.