Lose weight the easy way! 13 bags of pure natural whole food will make it easy for your own 13 Day Nutritional Event! Get the facts at the Health Tips Blog
Pure Aloe Vera Gel is a miracle worker for the skin!
Not just for cuts and bruises, try pure Aloe Vera gel on your face after some time in the sun! It'll repair your dry skin and help you look more tanned!
Cure health articles3 well ness data
Lips are sensitive!
Your lips can burn quite easily - always apply lip balm with a sunblock when you spend more than a few minutes in direct sunlight.
news and information
Solaray - began manufacturing and selling herbal products in 1973, originally as a pioneer in formulating and marketing blended herbal products that contain two or more herbs with complementary effects. From its inception, Solaray focused on encapsulated products which offer rapid disintegration and are easy to swallow and has sold i 5-Htp 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan or 5-HTP is a forerunner to the neurotransmitter serotonin, which transfers nerve impulses from one cell to another and regulates several vital processes in the body, including sleep, emotional stability, pain sensitivity and addictive cravings. Unlike serotonin alone, 5-HTP can cross the blood-brain barrier.
5-HTP has attracted a good deal of attention lately because of its ability to increase pain tolerance, induce sleep, and affect how hunger is perceived.
Health Benefits Promising research indicates that 5-HTP may have a beneficial effect on a broad scope of complaints. 5-HTP has also been found to be useful for a number of other disorders.
5-HTP may help to:
* Promote weight loss. Some studies indicate that 5-HTP may curb the appetite when taken before meals. In a recent study of dieting women, those given 5-HTP reported feeling fuller than those who were given a placebo. In the end, participants in the 5-HTP group consumed fewer calories overall, and lost more weight than those in the placebo group. Another study reported increased weight loss among obese patients who took 5-HTP versus those who were given a placebo; all, however, had been restricted to a daily diet of 1,200 calories. In addition, because 5-HTP reportedly reduces cravings for sweets and starches, it may also be of use in helping diabetics adhere to a healthy diet.
* Ease migraine pain. Migraine headaches have been linked to low serotonin levels. Studies are ongoing to determine if 5-HTP, which may boost the brain's serotonin levels, can help to reduce the intensity, frequency, and duration of this extremely painful type of headache.
* Increase tolerance to the pain of fibromyalgia. People who suffer from fibromyalgia, a chronic condition that commonly causes muscle pain and disabling fatigue, may have low serotonin levels. By increasing the level of these neurochemicals, 5-HTP may improve pain tolerance. In a recent Italian study, the 200 fibromylagia sufferers who added 5-HTP to a regimen of conventional antidepressants experienced less pain than those who took the drugs or 5-HTP alone.
For more products of Solaray
Herbs and Nutrition Analyist
We really do care about your health and happiness and are thrilled you are interested in our articles, but please always check with your doctor before trying something new!
Living with Depression
Depression is a psychological, biological and environmental problem that has affected millions of people, both directly and indirectly. People suffering with depression often have difficulty functioning normally, and frequently experience problems in their everyday lives as a result. The emotional toll of depression can shatter families; result in a loss of employment and in some occasions end in suicide. While there is no cure for depression, treatment options are available that can help sufferers of depression lead normal, happy lives.
If a person experiences feelings of sadness or malaise which continue over a long period of time, it is likely that he or she suffers from some form of depression.
Depression changes the way in which a person is able to think, feel and view the world around them. These changes produce adverse effects on behavior directed towards others and towards one's self. Recognizing the symptoms of depression is the first step toward recovery. Those who feel they may have depression should consult their physician.
Once a diagnosis has been made and a treatment program initiated, the next step is to recognize the effect that depression has on the mental processes that govern one's behavior. Understanding the mechanisms of depression can help people who are coping with this often debilitating illness. Of the treatment options available today, all involve either talk therapy, medication or a combination of both. It may take several weeks or even months before a treatment plan can produce any obvious positive results. During this time, having an understanding of the nature of this illness can be highly beneficial. Realizing that depression is a treatable affliction can promote rational thinking and a diminished emotional response toward the symptomology of this unfortunate condition.
There are several resources available on the Internet which can help sufferers recognize the symptoms of depression and give advice on how to cope with it once a treatment plan has been established. Through treatment, understanding and the support of others, living with depression can be made substantially less difficult. Many who have suffered from depression go on to lead healthy, productive lives.
Who is more prone to become affected by or suffer from psychological problems?
the answer nearly everyone. Depression in the United States alone has left its mark on at least 17 million adults who have experienced a bout of clinical depression at some stage. Suffering from this disorder can interrupt any plans a person may have on leading a normal life. (Depending how serious the symptoms for each patient) depression affects us all in different ways some cases more severe than others.
You are not on your own if you have been diagnosed with depression people around you feel your pain also therefore affected too.
Similar is bipolar disorder which is another form of depression. Bipolar was once named manic-depressive disorder, mood swings that came with bipolar differed in many ways, one being is the manic highs which were noted as a high risk factor for self inflicted harm to the patient.
Without doubt a patients thoughts and feelings change dramatically if in possession of this psychological condition. Depression has often been mistaken with the feeling of sadness or lethargic bouts; these common symptoms do not necessarily mean this is depression they relate more to every day stress.
Stress normally withers away after a few days but if you find you are still saddened and the fatigue factor still strong and there is no sign of these symptoms easing up then seek medical help as it could be the start of depression Unfortunately in some cases depression goes unnoticed and because of this approx two thirds of depressed patients are not receiving the right medication or treatment. Sadly this is an unfortunate predicament because with the right medical treatment approx 80% of depression sufferers will have found light at the end of the tunnel.
Depression has been known to take lives; patients struggle to adjust to their new found way of life living with a burden that some believe are with them till eternity, a similar feeling to having a Siamese twin attached till death do us part. Well now we have modern medicines in a modern world that can help you in your separation from depression which has driven you to take on a false identity where the laughing on the outside is overpowered by all the crying within.
Just like the Siamese twins medics have now proven that with the right medical treatment they can UN-attach the attached.
Talk to someone if you have reason for concern on your health or that of someone close and let those with the knowledge on depression help you in your quest to lead a normal life once again.
For help with anxiety or stress go to my health page to find help with your problems. http://www.benidormbeaches.com
Depression During Pregnancy
It seems like more and more people are talking about post-partum depression, but depression during pregnancy isn't commonly discussed. It is estimated that about 10% of pregnant women suffer from depression.
Of course, we all know that our hormones are raging during pregnancy and we, and those around us, may decide that our mood swings and weepiness may due to hormones. This may true, but never let serious "down" feelings go by without discussion. Talk to your partner or talk to your doctor and don't let these things slide.
Risk Factors of Depression During Pregnancy:
- Family history of depression
- Previous miscarriage
- Fertility treatments
- Stressful events in your life
Symptoms of Possible Depression:
- Ongoing feelings of sadness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Constant exhaustion
- Not interested in things you were previously
- Thoughts of causing harm to yourself or to others
Again, the above symptoms can be a normal part of pregnancy, but if you're feeling overwhelming sadness or helplessness, it could be an indication of something more serious.
To prevent depression or to treat mild depression:
- talk with your partner &/or doctor
- exercise regularly with your doctor's guidance
- eat healthily
- relax as much as you can - get help from family or just let some daily tasks slide
Remember, your health and the health of your baby are the most important things right now.
Visit http://www.babyandtoddlerville.com and sign up for free weekly tips that will take the mystery and fear out of parenting your precious little one.
3 Ways To Ease Depression Isolation
One of the hardest symptoms to deal with during a depressive episode is feeling disconnected from reality. This feeling causes sufferers to retreat further and further into their own world. They become isolated from their loved ones and friends and the loneliness deepens the depression.
Here's three ways to stop isolation from making depression worse.
1. Have at least one person you can turn to and have regular contact with 3-4 times a week. Someone you can call when you need to talk, someone who can be with you just watching TV or going to a movie. You don't have talk about how you feel if you don't want to and be clear that you don't want to be questioned about your feelings. Hopefully, they'll understand this and will be there for you when you need them.
2. There will be times when you just want to shut out the world and have your own space. Many sufferers just want to be alone in a quiet room such as their bedroom. There's nothing wrong with this at all. But try not to make it a daily or regular habit. Schedule this once, maybe twice a week at most and be strict with it. It's about a balance. Yes, shut the world out for a day or two each week. For the rest of the week, be around people, especially the special person we discussed in the first paragraph.
3. When you do shut the world out, do it in a way that helps you rather than hurts you. So, instead of retiring to a dark room and lying in bed to brood about your problems, try these: Mind puzzles - logic problems, crosswords, spatial puzzles etc. - jigsaw puzzles, draw or paint, play a musical instrument, write stories, watch TV or a movie, or read a book or a magazine and listen to some music. With a book and music, avoid anything too heavy or deep. Keep it nice and light. In this way, isolation doesn't become a period of deep introspection where you worry or fret about problems or go over the past or beat up on yourself. You get the peace and tranquillity but not the torment that can accompany it during a depressive episode.
If you feel isolated and that life seems like a "virtual reality", then please put these techniques to use. Isolation is a part of depression and the key to lessening the impact is to understand how it happens and use it so it helps you beat depression instead of keeping you trapped in it.
Chris Green is the author of "Conquering Stress", a special program which will show you how to conquer stress, depression and anxiety without taking powerful drugs. For a free e-course please click here => http://www.conqueringstress.com
Depression can come on us at any time of the year. Sometimes, holidays are the worst times for those that feel this down-in-the-dumps fear and worry and things just seem to happen to make us feel gloomy and sad. Note that this feeling happens to all of us at one time or another. How to recognize the feeling and know what to do about it is the purpose of this article.
No one can or should ignore this feeling. It is universal and the blues are very much ingrained in our world. Music and movies are legendary in handling this subject. If the feeling is too overwhelming, then sometimes professional help is the desired action. We will just talk here about the funk of depression, the knotted thinking that nothing is right and it will only get worse. The following things are suggested to help:
1. Laughing is the best medicine is an old adage, but so true. It is amazing how when you are depressed, just laughing about something and releasing the stress, can make you feel better. If you are having trouble finding something to laugh about, maybe you can find some people to keep close that cheer you up, that you can call when you feel bad, those who you know will let you apply the "strength in numbers" theory. Invite a few good friends over just to talk and have an appetizer and you will see how much better you feel afterwards.
2. Listening to music is another key to overcoming depression. If you can just relax and let the type of music you love drift over you and enter your senses, you will find that you calm down and feel better. Even as babies in the womb, we respond to music. Maybe you will find you want to get up and dance and there is nothing wrong with that - even without a partner! Just move to the beat and let all your stress flow out of your fingertips and toes.
3. Do some work and you will find you feel less depressed. There is something about a clean bathroom, living room, or kitchen that gives most women a sense of pride and order and joy. Men sometimes enjoy doing some of the same work and experiencing the same attitudes. The point is you just need to get out and do something that moves your body. Maybe you can shoot hoops in the driveway, ride a bicycle through the neighborhood and say "HI" to a few of your neighbors. There is something to be said for just watching a sunset and realizing how mighty the world is and how we are just one part of it. That sometimes seems to put our troubles more in perspective.
4. While we are on that thought, why not try prayer when you feel depressed?
Try helping out someone less fortunate. Think of hospital patients and know that they most likely have things worse than you. Yet, you see happier children and adults in some of the worst settings in the hospital. Count your blessings. Hug someone or maybe go through some old pictures of happy times with your family.
Doing productive activities will always perk you up. Think positively about your life and the things you have been given and do not dwell on the problems. Take your dog for a walk and relish in the animal's unending enjoyment at seeing you and being with you. Sometimes simple undemanding love is all we need to overcome the blue feeling.
The last suggestion may sound unusual, but here it is. EAT ICE CREAM! Yes, just swirling that cold stuff around on your tongue and all the different flavors can make you feel good! The idea is to eat something that you totally enjoy and see how hard it is to be depressed when you have your favorite food and are enjoying it. The world just seems a little better!
Of course, all the suggestions given above may not apply to everyone. But give them a try and who knows...maybe they can help just a little. Keep this list handy and the next time you are feeling a little down, find something that triggers the best response to get you to feel happy again. Be aware that when depression creeps in, you need to take action and beat the depression back to the corner where it belongs.
We all have more important things to do in life than feel blue and depressed. Keep this thought in-mind and may your life be filled with joy.
Most of us feel depressed or "down" at sometime in our lives but, fortunately, it`s usually short lived. Some people, however, are unable to shake off their feeling of depression and are diagnosed as "Clinically Depressed". Many types of pills and drugs are prescribed but they often lead to addiction in addition to depression, thus creating a never ending downward spiral. Thousands, and possibly millions, of patients are convinced they`ll never recover which only adds to their sense of low-self esteem. Today, people suffering from depression seek alternative remedies such as acupuncture and various therapies.
* 5-HTP appears to increase the brain's serotonin levels, positively influencing such disorders as depression that have been linked to low levels of this brain neurotransmitter. A number of small European studies offer examples of people with depression who found little relief from traditional antidepressant drugs yet obtained good results with 5-HTP. * Treat insomnia. Several elements of a good night's sleep appear to be influenced by 5-HTP. In addition to reducing the amount of time it takes to nod off, this compound actually may enhance the quality of sleep itself, increasing both the duration of dream states (REM sleep) and of deep slumber. In studies, most people who tried 5-HTP also reported feeling more rested upon awakening.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most popular as it encourages people to view their problems from a different perspective. It is one of the most successful therapies but not always available on a continuos basis which is essential if the patient is to benefit. People who struggle financially can find this particular therapy difficult to obtain on an ongoing basis as their appointments may be weeks apart. Wealthier people, of course, don`t encounter such problems as they have sufficient money for private treatment. Everybody would agree this is unjust but, regrettably, life is frequently unfair.
There are other methods of coping, such as self-help groups which some people find incredibly supportive. Friends and relatives can also provide a "shoulder to cry on" but very few are able to provide long term support because they are emotionally too close to the patient. The majority of friends and relatives find it hard to be objective. Some of them even go so far as to tell those suffering from depression "to snap out of it". This is fatal as this is exactly what they want to do but are unable to do so.
One of the best ways of coping with depression is to enrol in a creative writing course. Not an obvious way of coping, it must be said, but one that can produce amazing results. People who enrol in these courses are not required to have any qualifications apart from, obviously, a desire to write.
The reason these courses are so successful lies in the fact that people who attend them have to think about matters other than their problems for a couple of hours. This concentrates the mind wonderfully and allows people to perceive things in a different way which is reminiscent of the principals of cognitive behavioral therapy. The courses cover story writing, poetry, stage, screen and radio plays plus the outlines of writing a novel. Topics include characterization, plot, dialogue plus a host of other subjects. Each and every one can offer countless ways whereby people are able to release their innermost thoughts, desires and anxieties, so relieving considerable tension.
Poetry offers one of the best methods of expressing emotion which in itself is extremely cathartic. Listening to other people`s views is also particularly therapeutic as, again, this distances people who are depressed from dwelling on their troubles affording them a welcome respite. Creative writing courses really do expand the mind and leave it open to new experiences which are of tremendous benefit to anyone suffering from low self-esteem. Writing, by its very nature, depends on self expression which often helps people to understand feelings which may have been suppressed for years. This can result in a completely new outlook on life itself. It is simply a question of being receptive to new ideas but the rewards can be huge. In a nutshell, minds become focused on looking outwards, rather than inwards, when involved in the process of writing. In accomplishing such an achievement creative writing must count as one of the best treatments in helping people to overcome depression. Enrol on that course today! You`ll find it can "literally" change your life.
Related Cure Help Health Tips articles on Depression
Symptoms of Depression - When you love someone who suffers from depression or bipolar disorder you may find yourself frustrated, angry or losing your ability to tolerate their behavior towards yourself, your children or other friends and family.
After Child Birth - Sometimes women suffer with depression immediately after child birth and this depression is known as postpartum depression. There are five kinds of postpartum depression, any of which can occur after child birth; however similar depression can also occur before or during pregnancy as well.
Although Bipolar Illness - Never give up in try to find ways to overcome your depression, anxiety or fears. At times, you may feel overwhelmed and feel that there is nothing else you can do. The fact of the matter is that there are ways in getting rid of your depression and anxieties.
Amplitude Changing Via - It is not easy to deal with depression and anxiety in the business world. Getting help from a professional should be the first thing you do if you deal with depression. Many companies nowadays have different programs for their employees.
Anti Aging Treatment - One of the most destructive states for your mind and body is strongly represented by depression. It is a phenomenon that affects millions of people around the world, no matter what culture they belong to. The triggering elements of depression are infinite and they vary from case to case.
Antidepressant Side Effects - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a very misunderstood illness and this is perhaps why there are so many myths about it. Perhaps the most common myth about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is that it is effectively a mental condition, and another name for depression.
Anti Depression Meds - A depressive disorder is a mental disparity exemplified by a pessimistic sense of insufficiency. A person commonly suffers from feelings of gloom and sadness, downturns in mood, despair, feelings of low self-esteem, guilt, self-pity, and loneliness.
Depression-A Brief Overview - As long as I live, I'll never forget the feeling of my mouth wrapped around the cold blue steel of the 6 ½ in. barrel of my Ruger Blackhawk .357 single action revolver. I was so close to pulling the trigger. And nobody ever knew.
Depression After Divorce - Living your life together with another person, for a short time, or for a long number of years, can leave your feeling empty if you are going through a divorce. Divorce is a reason why many men and women alike find their selves fighting depression. Depression is a problem when you rely on another person, and your marriage ends.
Depression During Menopause - Depression is the most common psychological disorder in the US. Those who suffer from depression usually have physical and psychological symptoms, like insomnia and fatigue. Scientists agree that depression is linked to heredity, illness, certain medications, and pregnancy.
Depression During Pregnancy - Solaray - began manufacturing and selling herbal products in 1973, originally as a pioneer in formulating and marketing blended herbal products that contain two or more herbs with complementary effects.
Depression Glass Pieces - Anxiety and Depression are different forms of behavioral disorders that affect the whole life of a person. Anxiety is an emotional disturbance caused due to imbalance in the body system of a person.
Depression However Could - Being lonely is a normal part of our everyday lives... We get sad when we fail in our exams, when we're rejected by the person we love, or when someone very close to us passes away.
Taking Powerful Drugs - A recent research showed that the brain activity is totally different during sexual activity. That is why men with depression have difficulty in having satisfactory life. The serotonin level in depressed patients is lower than normal adults.
Diagnosing Rheumatoid Arthritis - Prescription medications are a treatment option that is often used to treat arthritis. There are always potential side effects that can occur and you need to be aware of what these side effects are so always check with your doctor.
Dental Teeth Whitening - Professional teeth whitening is becoming the increasingly popular choice for anybody with stained teeth. Yes, you can buy over the counter remedies, but if you want to guarantee whiter teeth now, then professional teeth whitening is the best option.Professional teeth whitening does not produce different results from the 'at-home' products you can buy, but there are distinct advantages.
More coming soon!
New Articles - Just Added
Manage Stress Anxiety - This article is about depression from an unusual perspective. It is about the powerlessness and hopelessness of modern psychological science and research. The importance of an holistic approach to mental and physical health will be explained.
Lose Weight Fact - Dieting is not easy. If it were, we would probably all be thin. Since we are not, here are three essential tips that successful people use to lose weight so that others can benefit, too.
Newest Articles from the Health Tips Blog
Newest Articles from the Hulda Clark Information Blog - zappers, detox, liver and kidney cleanses and more!
Cure Help Featured Article Topics
Acid Reflux - articles, tips and information about Acid Reflux
Allergies - Allergies can be cured in many cases!
Anti-Aging - Anti aging health tips!
Arthritis - Arthritis cures and suggestions on how to reduce pain
Bed Wetting - Bed Wetting can be cured fast with the right approach
Cancer - Cancer is a major concern as our world gets more polluted
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is an important health concern
Depression - Depression cures can improve your state of mind
Diabetes - Diabetes may not be cured, but there are many tips to make life better!
Hair Loss - Hair Loss is a major concern for both men and women
Lasik Surgery - Lasik Surgery is an increasingly popular option to cure eye problems
Natural Cures - There ar emany natural cures to improve health and ailments
Nutrition - What you need to know about Nutrition and your health
Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery is an option to change your appearance
Skin Care - Skin Care is a major concern for children, men and women
Vitamins, Herbs & Supplements - Health tips about Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements
Stop Smoking Cigarettes - Tips for stopping cigarette smoking... yuck!
Teeth Whitening - all about dental methods and teeth whitening
Weight Loss - articles about losing weight and improving your body image.
Looking for something specific? We're proud to offer Google Search for both the web AND so you can find content on our web site! Simply type in a few words and select web or our site and we'll help you find exactly what you are looking for! Happy hunting!
Recent Health Tips Articles from the Web
Keep healthy! Get your info from Cure Help Health Articles
New! Just added to Cure Help Health Tips!
Choosing The Right Health Insurance Policy - it's a big deal! Do it the right way!
Weight Loss Exercise - Whether you'll have weight gain during and after pregnancy is a choice, because it's totally within your control once you understand what's really going on, howeverâ€¦
Fake Weight Loss - Good intentions for weight loss are wonderful. Like a whole lot of folks, I swore I would start to exercise more, go on a diet, and lose those extra pesky pounds for good. Months later, I'm still deciding on the 'best' diet for me, and paying the monthly gym dues for visits that I am 'just about' to get around to.
Cure Help Legal Disclaimer: Depression articles, news, tips and information presented as a public service. Cure Help offers information for entertainment and educational purposes. None of the viewpoints or tips and suggestions presented in the articles are endorsed by Cure Help. Please consult a health care practitioner (your doctor) before applying any health tips, advice or suggestions for possible cures. We care about your health! Be smart and get several opinions before you implement any changes in your life! Please consult the FDA Compliancy Policy Guide for information on drugs and standards.
New Cure Help Health Tips Articles - Just Added!