One of my favorite health tips drives my friends nuts when I start preaching about juicing!
Do you have enough time in your day to eat all the recommended fruits and vegetables that will keep you healthy and happy???
It's not easy! But my personal solution is MY JUICE MACHINE!
Look into getting a juicer for your own health boost! A juice machine is the best investment you can make for your health and happiness!
Cure Help has articles to help you discover information and tips about
While much of the information at Cure Help Health Tips can be beneficial and empowering, we'd just like to remind you that the suggestions found on this web site are intended for informational purposes only and are not medical advice.
There are numerous different side effects which mostly depend on the kind of treatment used for management and also the amount of time it has been given. These vary for each patient, and it also depends on things like fitness level, age, health, and a range of other factors. Fortunately these are usually only temporary.
Medical personnel will explain the possible reactions of prescribed treatment, and also recommend ways of relieving symptoms that frequently occur during and after treatment. Lung cancer surgery is a big operation for anyone to go through and patients confronted with this kind of operation frequently require a great deal of counselling.
Chemotherapy drugs are toxic to all living cells, so they attack normal and cancerous cells alike, but they are more toxic to cancer cells. The concept behind chemotherapy is to deliver these drugs into your body in just the right portion to kill the cancer cells but leave all non-cancer cells alive and intact.
However, during this process, the patient commonly becomes ill and also suffers a broad aray of adverse effects, which include;
* Increased vulnerability to infection
* hair loss
* loss of appetite
* mouth sores
Other issues that are more serious include: early menopause in women and infertility in both men and women. Both of these side-effects (menopause and infertility) are everlasting. The magnitude of the side effects depends on which chemotherapy drugs used for the treatment of and how much of the drug is used for the treatment. Radiation Therapy regrettably, also affects the normal cells as well as those that are cancerous. Radiation Therapy has numerous adverse effects which are normally dependent on which portion of the body that has been treated and also the dosage of radiation administered to the patient.
* loss of appetite
* Sore throat
* memory loss
* difficulty in swallowing
* hair loss
* skin changes
The major side effects of Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) are the eyes and skin remain sensitive to light for 6 or more weeks after treatment. Patients are encouraged to remain out of direct sunlight and brilliant indoor light for at least 6 weeks after undergoing treatment. If patients have to go outside, then they should wear protective eyeware and protective clothing which covers every portion of their body.
Other temporary adverse effects of PDT could include;
* Trouble swallowing
* Shortness of breath
* pain on inspiration (breathing)
* on occasion the skin may become red, blistered or puffy, patients should consult with their physician about how to treat it.
During and after their treatment patients should always ensure these issues have been discussed with their physician, this is extremely important. They can then monitor their progress and swap treatments about if they become concerned about their patients condition.
As always, before you attempt to self medicate or try a new health regimen or program we suggest you retain the services of a qualified health care professional.
Lung Cancer And Commonplace Symptoms
Most common warning signs and indicators of lung cancer comprise of the following:
- Hoarse voice
- Constant chest pain
- Continous problems with bronchitis or pneumonia
- Shortness of breath and wheezing (dyspnoea)
- A cough that gets worse over time and doesn't go away
- Coughing up blood (bloody sputum) (haemoptysis)
- Swelling of the face and the neck
- Loss of appetite and Weight loss (anorexia)
In other words, it doesn't automatically mean you have lung cancer because you have one or more of these warning signs.
Other indicators that can appear now and then include repeated epsidoes of pneumonia, changes in the shape of the fingertips, enlarged or swollen lymph nodes (glands) in the lower neck and upper chest. Many or all of these warning signs may be caused by lung cancer, however, they can also be a cause of other medical conditions. Additionally, early stages of many tumors may have few or even no warning signs at all. Unfortunately, it also does not mean that you don't have cancer just because you have few or no clear-cut signs or symptoms. The tumor may be silently spreading which makes it difficult to control, treat or even remove once the tumor is later discovered.
Extremely important - the key to successful treatment is EARLY detection and diagnosis. A doctor will appraise and discuss the medical history of the patient to help find the cause of these early indicators. History such as; has the patient ever smoked, has there been any type of exposure to enviornmental and/or occupational substances, is there a family history of cancer. Depending on the outcome of this evaluation, the doctor may order other tests to help in determining any other cause that may explain away the symptoms.
When our lungs are affected by disease and are unable to operate effectively, we may then experience shortness of breath. If the lungs are severely damaged or compromised by injury or disease, we experience a lack of oxygen in the blood which can cause brain damage as well as damage to other organs in our body, even death. Lungs are vitally important for us to be able to live a healthy, normal, active life.
If the symptoms seem to be caused by lung cancer, the perspective can be dismal for a person for a number of reasons. Firstly, the lungs will be operating less efficiently which will cause fatigue, shortness of breath, and similar symptoms. In an extreme situation, if enough of the lung tissue has been damaged by the tumor, the symptoms will be much more severe or even death may result.
If the cancer spreads to other parts of the body, various other signs may surface.
That is, if there is metastasis. Lung cancer is capable of spreading to the brain, the liver, or to the bones, each with the following possible symptoms:
-The Brain: headaches, weakness, nausea, seizures, vomiting
-The Liver: jaundice, stomach pain (especially on the right side)
-The Bones: bone pain
Be on the lookout for these or any other abnormal or unusual symptoms in addition to the above warning signs, and always get medical advice as soon as possible.
Lung cancer is one of the terrible diseases prevailing amongst the mortal population around the planet. It is easy for a person to get cured if the disease has been diagnosed at the earliest possible moment. But early warning signs are in question. When symptoms appear, the cancer is frequently advanced. The very first sign is haemoptysis or coughing up blood.
You should highly consider this early warning as a threat of a tumor, that may be curable. In case if you come across blood during coughing up, you should at once contact your General Practioner for getting essential advice, especially if you are a individual over 40 years in age with a smoking habit. Occasionally the early warning may be due to the effects of a secondary tumor somewhere else in the body.
The most customary early warning signs...
* Persisting cough (coughing up blood or haemoptysis)
* Persisting pain in the chest or elsewhere (possibly from the cancer spreading to a bone)
* Weight loss and loss of appetite
* Excess fatigue
* Shortness of breath
* Pyrexia of unknown source
* Chest discomfort
The above symptoms are also symptoms of numerous other problems in the lungs, so it is always advisable to see a doctor to ascertain the origin. After you entered the doctors office, he will most likely ask many questions about your medical history, including questions about your accidental or incidental exposure to hazardous materials and chemicals. Your doctor will most likely subject you to a physical examination after inception of the early warning signals. If you are suffering from persisting cough with sputum (mucus), you may be asked to furnish a sampling of your sputum for the presence of cancer cells. In addition to this your physician will order a specialized X-ray including CT scan or simple chest X-ray for easy site of the abnormal spots in your lungs.
Most of the physicians are most likely use a up to date CT scan in smokers to catalogue tumors of smaller size, which can be treated and cured more easily than the large sized tumors. The method called helical-low dosage CT scan has been used extensively to spot small sized cancers. Your health care professional may use bronchoscope to examine your lungs along with your airways, and will take a specimen, or biopsy, of the tumor using the bronchoscope itself. The bronchoscope will be inserted into ones lung through either nostrils or mouth. This is one of the many ways in which the physician collects the biopsy specimen after seeing the early symptom.
After you have been observed with the early warning signs and also a confirmative diagnosis, your doctor will do many tests to find out if the tumor has spread out to different regions of your body. These details will help your physician to ascertain the palliative treatment for improving your condition. An MRI, a bone scans and CT scan are the customary tests to find out the metastasis stage of your lung cancer after observing the early warings.
This article will be a discussion about Surgery and Chemotherapy. There are different treatment options available. The type of treatment depends on a number of factors including the type of lung cancer the patient has, the site of the tumor, the size and extent of their tumor. It also depends on their general health. Many of these patients can be very frail. Numerous treatments are available which can be used for monitoring and control. These treatments also reduce or alleviate their symptoms therefore improving a person's quality of life.
These are the main treatment options available:
* Radiation Therapy
* Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- an operation is performed to try and remove the tumor. Specific types of surgery that a doctor may perform to remove a tumor is dependant on the location of the tumor in the lung. Occasionally only part of the lung is removed, if the tumor isn't too large, but if the entire lung is found to be affected, then it may have to be removed completely. If the surgeon is able to remove only a small part of the lung then the operation is know as a wedge resection or segmental. If surgery is required to remove the entire lobe, this procedure is called a lobectomy. At times the entire lung may have been affected by the cancer, if this is the case it would be necessary for a complete lung removal. This procedure is known as Pneumonectomy.
Some types of tumors are alleged to be inoperable. Some tumors just can't be removed by surgery unfortunately, because of the size they have grown to or their specific location. Even if the tumors are not inoperable several factors may preclude them from undergoing an operation, such as, the general age, and health and fitness of the patient. Chemotherapy - special anti-cancer drugs are used to kill cancer cells throughout the body. The Chemotherapy drugs are very toxic to all living cells, which implies they can have very unpleasant side effects, although they are more poisonous to the cancer cells and can be very helpful drugs. Chemotherapy is used to control the growth of the tumor and is also used to relieve the symptoms.
The theory behind the use of chemotherapy is this; dispense drugs into the body in a very carefully monitored dosage which is sufficiently high enough to be able to kill the cancer cells yet also leave the normal cells alive and intact. During the administration of chemotherapy drugs, because they are so toxic, the patient can get very sick, this is because of the drastic side effects. Patients suffer from a huge range of side effects such as, nausea, vomiting, headache, hair loss, fatigue and mouth sores. Once the chemotherapy has destroyed the cancerous cells, there is still the possibility of cancer cells still present in the nearby tissue or even other organs of the body. Normally chemotherapy drugs are injected directly into a blood vein (IV) or using a catheter which is a thin tube placed in a large vein. The catheter remains there as long as needed. We now have some chemotherapy drugs that are available in the form of pills which helps to lesson the side effects.
Chemotherapy is frequently used to treat Small Cell (SCLC) because it tends to grow and spread very quickly. Small Cell patients often receive radiation therapy to the brain, even though no cancer has been detected in the brain. This is to ensure there is no spread. This treatment is known as prophylactic treatment. Patients suffering from Non-Small Cell (NSCLC), normally surgery is the most common method of treatment. This cancer grows and spreads slowly.
For those who suffer from lung cancer, or those undergoing cancer treatment, are possibly suffering from a wide range of symptoms that can make it extremely difficult to even get through the day. It's imperative to manage these symptoms.
- Dyspnea (shortness of breath)
It's very important that patients who have under gone this kind of surgery have help in turning repeatedly and also the help of a physiotherapist to educate them in deep breathing exercises. These aid in expanding the lungs and preventing infection. Other things associated with this surgery that are difficult to deal with are discomfort on breathing, weakness to the chest and legs, and shortness of breath.
Fatigue Are you feeling completely exhausted and tired? One of the most commom and debilitating side effects and/or symptoms of cancer and the treatment of cancer is Chronic fatigue.
Below are some tips that may be of help:
- Make sure your daily goals are reachable and realistic. i.e. Pace yourself
- Keep some kind of an activity journal, the information can be extremely helpful. You'll be able to keep track of your energy/fatique levels at specific times during the day and make note of the different types of activities. This will help you to identify the patterns in your day. Being able to identify these patterns will help you to plan your day so that you can keep these activities to a minimum.
- Don't make the mistake of overdoing it - get plenty of rest, if you don't follow this rule you'll be exhausted all the time.
- Ask for help with tasks when you need it. Don't be too proud to ask your family, friends, and even your neighbors for help.
- Try to eat plenty of small nourishing meals (sometimes it's best to eat small frequent meals), be sure to drink plenty of fluids.
- Talk to your doctor about your fatigue.
Neuropathy If you've been diagnosed with lung cancer, there is a possibility that you may develop symptoms such as numbness or tingling in your fingers or toes, forgetfulness, dizziness, hearing loss, or constipation. The described symptoms can be caused by a condition called neuropathy. Neuropathy means there is something wrong with nerve tissue. Most people that are diagnosed with cancer will develop this condition. If you find that you have any of these symptoms you need to discuss them with your doctor.
Anorexia Are you experiencing difficulty eating? Are you losing weight? Does food taste different to you?
If you said yes, below are some tips that may help:
- Eat foods that are at room temperature or cold, especially if you find yourself sensitive to odors.
- Try eating foods that you've never eaten before.
- Don't concern yourself with fat content or calories.
- Eat what tastes good and eat as much of that food as you like.
- Eat big at breakfast, especially if you find yourself to be more hungry in the mornings.
- Let someone else prepare your meals for you. This will keep you away from the cooking smells and help you conserve your energy.
- Don't worry too much about eating three meals. Snack throughout the day, and if you like, eat smaller amounts of food more often.
- Eat foods packed with calories. As an example, have a milk shake made with super high fat ice cream instead of just having a glass of milk. You can also add some protein powder to Jello and make milkshakes.
- Try to avoid having a beverage during your meals, they will contribute to feelings of fullness. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking between meals.
- Have a glass of beer or wine shortly before your meal, some times the alcohol can help you relax and help to increase your appetite. - Try to do some light exercise, like taking a short walk about an hour or so before you eat. Exercise may help you to feel hungry.
- It's good to use food supplement products such as Sustacal, Ensure, and Isocal, they can help you get proper nutrition when you really can't eat. Again, you can try making a milkshakes with some ice cream and these products.
- Let your doctor know about your weight loss or appetite loss.
Constipation Constipation is a common and often severe problem for those dealing with cancer. Here are some tips that may help:
- Try drinking at least eitht to ten glasses of water each daily.
- Eating foods that contain high fiber. Some healthy options are fruits (particularly figs, prunes, dates, etc.) whole grain cereals, and lots of vegetables and nuts.
- Avoid foods like cheese and other types of dairy products.
- Avoid eating any type of fried foods, they can make you feel sick.
- Try to get as much exercise as you possibly can, even if it means only walking around your house or your garden.
- Maintain a normal environment if possible to maintain privacy, schedule of toileting.
- Drinking something warm about half an hour or so before you usually have your bowel-movements.
- Talk to your doctor about your constipation, he/she will probably help.
Dyspnea (Shortness of Breath) It is common for people with lung cancer to have shortness of breath. By having a variety of activities you may help combat dyspnea including:
- Controlling your breathing.
- Do Abdominal Breathing.
- Try Relaxation techniques.
- Change the position of your body.
- Medications and Supplemental Oxygen are available, discuss this with your doctor.
- Inform your doctor about your dyspnea.
Ovarian Cancer - The symptoms of ovarian cancer come into notice mostly when it grows for some time and the cancer mass becomes large enough.
Ovarian Cancer Cells - Based on successful clinical trial results in the treatment of Hodgkin's disease, breast cancer chemotherapy was traditionally given in combination. Early results did demonstrate a combination of drugs were better than a single agent.
Powerful Anti Cancer Medicine - Finding out you or someone that you love has been diagnosed with cancer is to say the very least a devastating blow. It will become not only a hard road emotionally, physically but also financially.
Surgeons Plastic Surgery - As an elective surgery, plastic surgery often doesn’t get the objective coverage it should. Proponents crow about the positive effects while critics argue the opposite. Rarely does either group actually quote any undisputables about plastic surgery. Well, we do in this article.
Weight Loss Solution - As children, one of the first exercises we learned how to do was walking. While it may seem like an elementary form of exercise, walking can do wonders for the heart, the circulatory system, and our legs. Walking can also be instrumental in helping individuals to lose weight.
Teeth Whitening Treatments - Tooth whitening, also called bleaching, is a process of lightening and removing stains from a tooth. This process bleaches the enamel and dentin, the principal mass of a tooth, and brightens the discolored teeth.
Cancer Cells - Multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cell, is an incurable but treatable disease. While a myeloma diagnosis can be overwhelming, it is important to remember that there are several promising new therapies that are helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Lung Cancer Mesothelioma - Experts believe that smoking does not seem to be a directly related risk for developing the disease only by its own, but its combination with asbestos exposure increases the risk of Mesothelioma, so stop smoking if you are exposed to asbestos in your workplace.
Infiltrating Lobular Cancer - In the past, doctors usually felt that it was better for their patients to have limited access to their medical reports.
More coming soon!
New Articles - Just Added
High Blood Sugars - There is a strong connection between carbohydrates, high blood sugars and diabetes. Carbohydrates give your body the energy, or fuel, it needs to function properly.
Essential Fatty Acids - We do our shopping and purchase our hair care products and assume we are doing the right things for hair health. Through promotion and marketing we are led to believe that some of the products available today are things we just can't do without.
Newest Articles from the Health Tips Blog
Newest Articles from the Hulda Clark Information Blog - zappers, detox, liver and kidney cleanses and more!
Cure Help Featured Article Topics
Acid Reflux - articles, tips and information about Acid Reflux
Allergies - Allergies can be cured in many cases!
Anti-Aging - Anti aging health tips!
Arthritis - Arthritis cures and suggestions on how to reduce pain
Bed Wetting - Bed Wetting can be cured fast with the right approach
Cancer - Cancer is a major concern as our world gets more polluted
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is an important health concern
Depression - Depression cures can improve your state of mind
Diabetes - Diabetes may not be cured, but there are many tips to make life better!
Hair Loss - Hair Loss is a major concern for both men and women
Lasik Surgery - Lasik Surgery is an increasingly popular option to cure eye problems
Natural Cures - There are many natural cures to improve health and ailments
Nutrition - What you need to know about Nutrition and your health
Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery is an option to change your appearance
Skin Care - Skin Care is a major concern for children, men and women
Vitamins, Herbs & Supplements - Health tips about Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements
Stop Smoking Cigarettes - Tips for stopping cigarette smoking... yuck!
Teeth Whitening - all about dental methods and teeth whitening
Weight Loss - articles about losing weight and improving your body image.
A Recent Article from the Web
Looking for something specific? We're proud to offer Google Search for both the web AND so you can find content on our web site! Simply type in a few words and select web or our site and we'll help you find exactly what you are looking for! Happy hunting!
New on Cure Help Health Tips! Weight Loss Articles at the Healthy Living Blog
New! Just added to Cure Help Health Tips!
Organic Skin Care - Organic skin care refers to natural skin care products or therapies whose ingredients are grown organically in areas where soil is very rich in nutrients. Encompassing a plethora of plants, plant extracts, herbs, flowers and natural oils, organic skin care products are an extension of natural skin care therapies and products.
Cure Help Legal Disclaimer: Cancer articles, news, tips and information presented as a public service. Cure Help offers information for entertainment and educational purposes. None of the viewpoints or tips and suggestions presented in the articles are endorsed by Cure Help. Please consult a health care practitioner (your doctor) before applying any cure tips,advice or suggestions. We care about your health! Be smart and get several opinions before you implement any changes in your life! Please consult the FDA Compliancy Policy Guide for information on drugs and standards.
New Cure Help Health Tips Articles - Just Added!